Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions background wrap with text

Participant ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all:

I have created some captions via the TEXT panel in Premiere pro 2022 from the audio track of my video. Got it on the timeline and everything was good. Then I added a background via the Graphics Panel and all good. But,  since I use double lines in my captions I need the background to wrap with the text and not just create a box when the text goes to a second line. Please see attached pics as to what I want to do and what don't want. The photo that says YES, is what I want. I have looked high and low but can't figure it out. Is this even possible?

Thanks.

#captions

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Hey all: I just posted the above and by a random chance I found a video that tells you how to do it. If any one is interested here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTupIe8GjM&ab_channel=DavidMbugua

Happy editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all: I just posted the above and by a random chance I found a video that tells you how to do it. If any one is interested here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTupIe8GjM&ab_channel=DavidMbugua

Happy editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting that tutorial.

For those who don't watch it, the "per line" setting for the caption background is in the Essential Graphics Panel. In the Appearance section, click on the "wrench" icon, and set the Background Styles -> Fill Mode, to Per-Line.

To create separation (a space between the lines), he changes the size of the background box, which changes the space of the right and left also. As he notes, this can result in missing the ends of the caption.

Instead, use the Leading control in the Text section of the Essential Graphics panel.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines