• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions - Limitations

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please please please let us have the option to convert the captions to individual clips on a video layer.

I understand all the points of keeping captions to broadcast standards etc etc, but as it stands we are completely limited by where we can position the captions on screen via Essential Graphics.

Surely this functionality can be brought in so that we can use effect controls to have the freedom to position the captions how we want.

There are third party apps that can do this, but not for OSX as far as I know. 

I have the greatest respect and admiration for anyone working in broadcast and understand fully that the subtitles have to adhere to the proper standards. But in order to utilise the captions for 1x1 reversioning - (which I would suggest greatly outnumbers those who use them for broadcast), requires a lengthy process & makes it extremely difficult to match client's brand specs.

Surely having the option to simply convert the captions to a corresponding sequence of clips on a video layer would be the best of both worlds?

I've yet to find any clear explanation on why this hasn't been incorporated to the captions workflow.

Regards,

Matty

#AdobePremiere #Captions #CaptionsWorkflow #FeatureRequest

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?