• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 12 - 12.1.2 BUG: No sound on project open, playback or export

Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "no sound" bug on project open, playback & export reported in CC 12.0 has not been addressed as reported here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Not even close! The problem became even worse on both Windows and Mac.

I've tried deleting my settings again and dumping my media caches.

Something which I'm not happy doing every time you post an update.

However the issue is still here.

I'm not going to give you any more chances on this. My day is becoming more and more  difficult every single day, using your software.

I have never felt more dump in my life for being a paying customer of yours.

Adobe have no excuse for the mess it made to the Premiere. Sorry I but I just can't put the word "PRO" along with it.

It's now clear that Adobe has no indention to keep up with competition on it's NLE software. I wouldn't even be amazed if Adobe decide to stop developing it.

Sorry Adobe, I'm a PRO user that waited forever for a patch that will solve the nightmares, but I decided to stop waiting and move along.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I feel your pain.  I wish Adobe would focus on fixing every bug on one version before introducing any new features.  I keep updating in hopes that it will fix an old bug, only to find new features with new bugs.

My fix for "no sound" on project open is to solo any audio track and play the sequence.  The solo track always comes up for me.  Then unclick solo and all the tracks play correctly.  I hope this helps.

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this trick stopped working for me since I updated. Now I have to restart to get Audio back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angelos,

First: Make sure that the Premiere Pro is updated to 12.1.2.

Second: Delete all Media Cache manually by checking the location under Preferences>Media cache and then renaming the folders.

FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Once done restart the machine and try again.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the audio stop working when you are in the middle of editing a sequence, or when you create a new sequence, or when you open an old sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinary,

As I already mention in my original post, I've done this already.

It does not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angelos,

Delete all Media Cache again. Change the location of Media Cache folder to some external drive or location other than default.

Try creating a new project, import the old into new one.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave Helmly from Adobe posted this in one of the Premiere Facebook groups a couple of days ago.  This might help solve your audio issue.

Andy Edwards

In case people are still experiencing the v12.1.1 Audio Bug in a current project with our most recent update V12.1.2, here's an official post to help clarify what's happening and how to fix the v12.1.1 project.

V12.1.1 UI Audio Bug

Issue:

The issue could occur when an audio track was muted in a sequence and then the v12.1.1 project was saved and closed. When you reopened the project, the UI for the sequence no longer showed the audio track as being muted as the UI reset the toggle to show it as on. When a user would play back the sequence , not all of the audio tracks would appear to play causing them to possibly think it was a caching issue or codec related issue. Premiere was actually playing the sequence back correctly as those tracks were muted from the previous save state but the UI bug caused the issue where there was no indication that the track was muted.

Solution: (the Fix)

Once a v12.1.1 project shows this UI behavior it needs to be corrected and resaved. **Note** v12.1.2 will not correct this issue simply by opening the project in V12.1.2 .

You need to follow these steps to repair the project.

1. Toggle the Solo button on/off and the Audio track will correct the playback state. To keep it simple, Solo/Unsolo each audio track.

2. Playback the Sequence to insure that all audio tracks can be heard and monitored.

3. Save the Project

4. Quit Premiere Pro

5. Relaunch and issue should now be fixed.

As stated, the fix for this issue is included in the recent update, v12.1.2. This update keeps the UI bug from occurring so the user should not run into the issue again.

Hope this helps - Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines