Exit

Change Default Comment Marker Colour?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I'm using CC2019.

I need to add many comment markers on some of my regular projects. At the moment the marker default is green, but can that be changed to another colour that stands out better? I have gone through preferences, but that doesn't seem to cover markers.

Can anyone advise please?

Regards,

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Hi, I just bumped into the same problem, and i think i found a work around in premiere pro 2020... in the keyboard shortcut window, I've set the 'add marker' key (N in my case) to 'add red marker'. For me it solved it, hope you would find it helpful as well. Spread the word 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

I filed a request for this ages ago.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann! Seems something blindingly simple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this not a thing?  I want to mark top and tails on the fly, and no I don't want to use add edit.  I used to do this 2 decades ago in media composer...smh

edit:  OMG, I can't even shift/control+select existing markers and turn them another colour?  I need to do this one at a time?  Clearly I'm missing something...

If I can shift/control+select captions, why not markers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do top & tails with Q and W keys, and it's just done. So marking them to come back to physically doing it seems odd for me. But then, every editor I've ever been around does things completely different from any other editor, so it's fascinating to learn the variety of ways of working.

And ... I've got my own marker's feature requests in. As in ... we should be able to either use a particular key-short to set the first point of a duration-marker and a second one for the end point. OR ... simply hold down the marker key-short while it's playing, release at 'end', and create a duration marker on the fly.

Yea, this needs more work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

I do top & tails with Q and W keys, and it's just done. So marking them to come back to physically doing it seems odd for me. But then, every editor I've ever been around does things completely different from any other editor, so it's fascinating to learn the variety of ways of working.

And ... I've got my own marker's feature requests in. As in ... we should be able to either use a particular key-short to set the first point of a duration-marker and a second one for the end point. OR ... simply hold down the marker key-short while it's playing, release at 'end', and create a duration marker on the fly.

Yea, this needs more work.

Neil

Neil,

Yes, being able to keyboard shortcut segmentation markers in and out would be awesome!

In this instance I'm marking the beginning and ending of lyrics within a song (no stems) so that I know where I can place SUs.  With today's overcompression the waveforms aren't much help any more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood.

And yea, that default "forest green" or whatever it is doesn't really pop out visually, does it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am nearly always changing them to red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this same problem on a project recently - 2020 Premiere Pro so they've clearly not changed it - or I'm missing something.

Something I have found is that you can set keys in the keyboard shortcuts to 'add blue marker' 'add white marker' etc. so have created a bunch of shift key commands for each colour so I can roll through my edits and add different types of markers (i.e. white for chapters; blue for things I like; red for things I don't etc.) - bit more finger work but seems to be a solution for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just bumped into the same problem, and i think i found a work around in premiere pro 2020... in the keyboard shortcut window, I've set the 'add marker' key (N in my case) to 'add red marker'. For me it solved it, hope you would find it helpful as well. Spread the word 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not a workaround it is a new feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This should be updated to be the Correct Answer on this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG, THANK YOU! You just made my life so much easier today 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines