• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change to Color doesn't exist in the effects panel

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was watching the tutorial:  Replace Colors in a video.

When trying to implement it in my project I discovered that the function (effect): Change to color doesn't exist! Does anyone have an idea how to resolve that issue, or if it was removed from the new Pr update?

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Hi Yaakov,

Sorry about that. The tutorial is 2 years old, and in the time that's elapsed, the effect is categorized in the Obsolete folder. That means the effect is still available, but the code it contains is old and ready for either updating or removal. 

I don't know what the product team has planned, but I'd say that the effect is probably heading towards the scrap yard in future releases. The good news is that you can still achieve the effect with controls for secondary color correction to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yaakov,

Sorry about that. The tutorial is 2 years old, and in the time that's elapsed, the effect is categorized in the Obsolete folder. That means the effect is still available, but the code it contains is old and ready for either updating or removal. 

I don't know what the product team has planned, but I'd say that the effect is probably heading towards the scrap yard in future releases. The good news is that you can still achieve the effect with controls for secondary color correction tools in the Lumetri Color panel. 

So, follow the tutorials for now with the obsolete effect. It should work fine. After the effect is removed, come on back with questions. We can help you with that alternative method whenever you're ready. OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your prompt answer, very helpful

All the best,

Yaakov 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Kevin! I'd love to hear that alternative method from now if ya don't mind! Change to Color is giving me all sorts of error troubles.

Please and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* But specifically, what is the alternative method in Lumetri if you're trying to switch to a very specific color using the eye dropper, not just change the color through the pallet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tutorial should help, Kyle.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin

We use Change to Color an a daily basis to remove colours from third party logos but I've jsut started getting this same missing effect error on my M1 Mac.

I've built this effect into MOGRT templates created in After Effects for our bugs/lower thirds/classifications.

Will this effect still work as they it's in a MOGRT file?  If not, what would be the way to builte this in AE, as we need to be able to select the colour to replace?

Of course...it would be great if the effect is kept not depreciated.

Cheers

Cameron.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cameron,

My suggestion is to try it. You can't break anything. If you have trouble with cooking up an alternative, may I suggest a post to the After Effects forum? 

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin.

It does currently work, but I'm more concerned what happens when an Apple Silicon version of AE is released, as if it's depreciated inside Premiere it may be depreciated in AE as well.

CHeers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, is there any way you could share with me your "Change to Color" MOGRT template? I am desperate. Adobe really screwed me by eliminating this tool. I have used it for years and there is now no way to currently change a color to a specific Hex Code in Premiere.  I also used this tool on a daily basis to change the colors of logos, graphics and animations. Adobe keeps replying to people in these threads by suggesting they just use Lumetri, but that is not a replacement for "Change to Color"! It now takes several steps to do what I was accomplishing in one step with "Change to Color", and even then, I still can't get some of them right. Businesses and brands are very sensitive to using their precise color codes in advertisements, and "Change to Color" worked extremely well when dealing with graphics and animations. 

BRING IT BACK ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I called you Kevin in my last post, and I see now that you are Cameron! My mix up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't really share templates due to content, but sharing wouldn't help much anyway as they use the effect that's being depreciated therefore problematic in 2022 versions (especially M1 Mac). Most often we used the effect on show title treatments (png with alpha), but perhaps a replacement for simple/uncomplicated logos could be the 'tint' effect.  Depends on what your workflow is though, and how complicated the content is you want to change. We usually change logos to white for certain formats so 'tint' is simple and can work...but not always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines