• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Timecode to Milliseconds

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the timecode effect as a kind of stopwatch in picture for some race footage, but am having difficulty changing the last two digits of the timer from a frame count to milliseconds. Apparently this used to be possible as I've seen older threads discuss changing the timeline or program setting to "Show Audio Time Units", at which point the option for milliseconds is supposed to present itself in Effect Controls under Time Display, but I've had absolutely no luck getting it to work. Could really use some help.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

You can build one in After Effects, if you know your durations (it is a display, not an actual counter):

How to Create a Stopwatch Effect in After Effects - YouTube

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is no, you can´t set it to milliseconds and it has never been possible.

Each frame is treated individually in any NLE so if you have 25 frames per second you cannot go to frame 1.6358 or frame 24.0125 since none of them exists. Setting the timeline to Show Audio Time Units is only helpful when editing audio that is not tied to a video stream such as when syncing external audio to video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Siiiiiiigh. Thanks, Averdahl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can build one in After Effects, if you know your durations (it is a display, not an actual counter):

How to Create a Stopwatch Effect in After Effects - YouTube

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Meg! This is perfect!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, because I'm stuck in milliseconds and I don't know how it got that way or how to change it back to frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, because I'm stuck in milliseconds and I don't know how it got that way or how to change it back to frames.

By @GabrielB833

Click on the hamburger menu and change it back to fix that.

Averdahl_0-1656265824398.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I actually just figured it out right before I saw this post. It's wierd cause I have no idea how it got on that setting in the first place but thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a quick way to make a timer right inside Premiere - you can set it to any time and any font:

https://youtu.be/-JQH52VJKg0

Learn how to create an animated timer in Premiere Pro 2020. Unlike other methods, this one is customizable: choose the font, size, color, duration - whatever you want. Download the FREE project file here: https://www.thepremierepro.com/timer MY EDITING TOOLS & GEAR Microphone & Audio Interface ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Short answer is; YES YOU CAN. In latest Premiere Pro (not sure of when this capability started). Go to your timeline and selct the three stacked lines. Then select "Show Audio Time Units". Then right-click on the "current time" number showing on the top right of your timeline and select "Milliseconds."

Makes sense since Audio is a waveform not broken down by frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines