• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing view tabs crashes Premiere in new 2018 update

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that got migrated from the previous version of Premiere into the new updated version. Everything appeared to be working well until I tried to change the view to the color tab. This caused the program to crash. I've tried multiple times with the same result. I tried restarting, using the Adobe cleaner tool and using a previous version. Still the same issue. I also tried on a separate project and ran into the same problem. I need help!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that conversion has worked with your setup, as well ... we all just need to get the work out.

That said, there's a lot of Mac specific issues also ... grass ain't always greener it seems. I know of several users who've been having issues on the PC side that couldn't get cranked, including just performance lagging ... reformatted & re-loaded their editing rig OS and everything else, loading the Adobe video apps as the very first programs they added. Performance suddenly way up, crashes ... gone.

One thing that might work. I do know some long-time editors who insist that when they rebuild a computer, get a new one, or do any significant OS update, they reformat and then add in the Adobe video apps first. They tend to run very reliable, so it's probably not a bad idea for the rest of us.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!  There are certain issue/downsides on the Mac side especially when putting together a hackintosh.

I don't want to deviate the thread from the original issue but spending hours and hours (rather than paid work) to research a solution was actually the last resort.  I have tried the clean install process , several different NVIDIA drivers, etc and I can't get around this issue besides my original workaround of one scope prior to switching workspaces.  There were also several Audition bugs that drove me over the edge to try it out.  Don't get me started on the C200 debacle as well

I'm just throwing it out there if somebody has a spare HDD in their box to throw High Sierra (for dual boot purposes) to give it a shot providing the hardware is fully compatible.  Just be prepared to do a lot of research and don't go in with the expectations that you will be successful.  I still think today that I lucked out and ended up with a more stable workflow under OS X opposed to Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, and thanks for posting!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found a solution that works for me.
I tweeted it here:

David Lindgren on Twitter: "How to fix Premiere from crashing when switching workspace: Solution :ke...

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines