Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cleaning up black spots in Alpha Channels

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been sent some Green screen footage of a person talking.

The footage was adequately lit and shot and I can get an excellent key of the person. Unfortunately. the person speaking had some green in their tie and in the Alpha mask it shows as black dots in the tie area. There are only a few of them, but I can only remove them if I push the settings to the point where the outline of the person starts to deteriorate which I do not want to do.

I feel there should be a way to almost "paint" into the alpha mask like you can do in photoshop in white to remove the dots.

Is there a way to add to the mask?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Hi

I handle this by duplicating the footage and just masking out the part that needs to be fully opaque. This goes over your keyed footage. PrP will even keyframe the position of your mask automatically using the play button on the effect.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.11.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I handle this by duplicating the footage and just masking out the part that needs to be fully opaque. This goes over your keyed footage. PrP will even keyframe the position of your mask automatically using the play button on the effect.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.11.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem, DarrenFMc? Do let us know.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

sorry, I have been busy with other projects and did not get back to this.

I think I understood and gave it a go

It worked fine, thank you. I just need to make sure in the future that the talent does not move around too much when talking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers, I'm glad you got through it.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines