Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip/ Speed/ Duration VS Time Remapping

Guide ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I do understand that the best Slow Motion Technique Is to shoot with the camera that can shoot Slow Motion.

I do have a Sony Camcorder that can shoot HD 120 fps.

But, let say I have Clips from other cameras that where shot normal, and you want to slow It down.

My friend told me, If you Right click on the clip, and Choose: Speed Duration. Inside the Clip/Speed / Duration, the most important thing you have to do is to choose :  Time Interpolation: Optical Flow. and Rendere the Clip before playing It.

I was told that frame sampling and frame blending is not a good choice.

Also, I heard the better way to Slow Down or Speed up your speed is to use the Time Reemapping- Speed.

Would you please let me know which one gives you a better smooth clip.

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

When you force the computer to add frames or blend frames the results are not going to be the same as something shot at 120fps. You are right as far as time interpolation. Optical flow typically gives you slightly better results but it really just depends on what is being shot. Best thing to do is render a small section and see how it looks. Nothing is going to give you perfect results. I know that is probably not the answer you are looking for but if you want it from the master's mouth, take a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you force the computer to add frames or blend frames the results are not going to be the same as something shot at 120fps. You are right as far as time interpolation. Optical flow typically gives you slightly better results but it really just depends on what is being shot. Best thing to do is render a small section and see how it looks. Nothing is going to give you perfect results. I know that is probably not the answer you are looking for but if you want it from the master's mouth, take a look at Jason explain further. This is a great video where he covers your exact topic. Was just watching this myself the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TyDU7PfhHw

How to use Speed Ramps & Slow Motion with Optical Flow | Adobe Premiere Pro CC - YouTube

Best Regards,

Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your information is pretty accurate.

As for best quality, the results often depend on the material, so try the different methods on your clips and observe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. i am watching the Video Tutorial, and I am going to do some testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not cheap but the best plugin: Twixtor.

https://revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/after-effects/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines