• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Distortion When Export

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything seems to be working fine, although colors are a bit washed out in import. However, the major issue I have is when I go to export. Doesnt matter what color corrections I do, colors are extremely distorted. I havent changed any settings. I have searched for a correction, but cannot seem to find anything on this specific matter. Please help. 

P.S. Although I have been editing videos for a little over a year, I am still very new to video editing and only really use basic controls/features within Premiere. 

Distorted.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me, too. So I reinstalled a previous version of Premiere Pro and my export worked just as it always had. It's frustrating to have to edit a video twice when the software won't work as it is expected to. I hope there is a resolution to this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What created that original image file? And is it HLG or some other HDR form?

What are the Sequence settings for color in Premiere?

And in detail ... what export settings did you choose, as if this is an HLG or some other form of HDR, then the settings to properly export the file are very specific and tricky.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original footage was recoreded on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I made no color changes in Premiere (although in the past I have usually only ever had to change the contrast and exposure, but that was due to having a setting changed on the phone itself). 

I did not choose any export settings, aside from H.264. I also select "Use maximum render quality". On 11/5, there were no issues (last video that was edited prior to issue). Video appeared in export window same as actual footage and editing views within Premiere. On 11/8, the next time I attempted to edit a video, is when I noticed this change. No settings were changed. Only difference is as mentioned above, video colors are washed out on import and slightly over exposed. Like a bright but hazy day. When export window shows up, colors are blown out and distorted (as seen in the pictures). All settings are on default, aside form the format (H.264) which I have been using for almost two years. At first I thought it might have been an export window glithch and video would export as normal. But no, video looks just like the export preview shows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer whether that file is HLG or some other HDR format. Which is what it looks like Premeire is "seeing" it as.

Nor did you answer as to what the seqeunce settings are. I wasn't asking for the fun of it, but because the answers were needed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you are trying to help and I really appreciate it, but please dial down the snarkiness. See original post where I said I am new to this. I answered your questions with the answers that I have. I do not know what type of file it is. What I DO know is that it was recorded on an iphone (which I have just learned is H. 264 QuickTime files in MOV format. I answered the question about the settings. The answer is none, default, basic. I clicked no boxes and changed no settings other than those mentioned. I am not exactly sure what "sequence settings" you are referring to. Again, I am new to this process. I've never had to change anyting on export other than format and use max render quality. 

I provided you with the answers that I have. As a "professional" speaking to an amateur, a little understanding would be greatly appreaciated. I understand that you may need more specific information and that you werent "asking for the fun of it". I provided you with the information I currently have.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm simply asking questions, and have no clue about where you're seeing 'snarkiness'. When you don't understand something, always feel free to simply say so. There's no way I or anyone else can guess someone's knowledge level.

Some people asking questions here are incredibly knowledgeable about the app in general and get cranked if they're asked what they think is a simplistic question. Others are very new to the app and get cranked if they think they're asked a question they shouldn't be expected to know.

The problem is, none of us volunteers here know squat about the people asking for help's background. Leave the emotions out of it, just give the information you know about, and tell us when you don't understand something and specifically what it is.

These apps are incredibly complex. The same person can be a total master of one section of the app and the rankest noob about another. I'm very experienced in color, some in graphics and sound and general troubleshooting. I've done a titch in AfterEffects.

High-end sound? Geez, that's ... not my expertise. Ae? Um ... I can open, do basic graphics and some animation, past that ... um ... total noob. I assume nearly everyone is like that ... very skilled in some things, able to function in others, total noob in some other things.

So back to your problem. Sequence settings are found in the Sequence menu, right at the top. You need to have the timline panel 'in focus', with the blue ring around it, for the Sequence menu to be active for some odd reason. There are a couple things there recently added for color space. What that is set to is crucial for this.

As to the clip, it would be useful to right-click on the clip in a bin or the timeline, and select "Properties" , to see what Pr "sees" as to the clip's ... properties. Including color space.

Also, the free utility app MediaInfo is heavily used to check out what's in a video file. Download/install that, and I'm on my tablet or I'd include the link. After the icon appears on your desktop, simply drag/drop a file onto that icon, it opens the app. Go into that app's "Tree View" to get a nice list of the properties from the file's header.

The color space information there can be useful to check against what Pr sees in the file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Neil.  You have terrible customer support manners.  I had the same problem as what was mentioned (it was very well explained), and I now don't even care about my issue because of how you (an Adobe Employee) treat people who need help.  Please work on yourself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, you expect all other users around here to be omniscient? Sorry, but ... I'm not. That's why I ask questions. Basic troubleshooting 101.

I asked those particular questions because the results to those questions directly give the answer to the question the OP asked.There are potentially several things that could be in play there.

They are easy questions to answer also ... and you have a problem with basic, simple questions being asked in order to give accurate help? You would prefer wild gusses perhaps?

Wow ...

And some other bit of knowledge ... ALL Adobe employeers around "here" have name 'badges' with the red Adobe logo ... do I have one? Um ... no.

Because I'm not an employee. LIke you, I'm a user ... and a volunteer to other PrPro users.

Filling in where Adobe doesn't ... which to be truthful, is a massive hole.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neil is one of the most knowledgeable, nicest, even-tempered individuals here. I know. I've been here a lot longer than you.

Since you think it's okay to ask someone to "work on" themselves, I'll do the same.

Please work on not getting offended so easily. If you go around all day looking for ways to be offended, you'll be very successful at finding them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the latest version of Premiere Pro so there might be a bug. That being said all NLE must be setup correct while editing and during export. All software programs like OBS, YouTube, Quicktime, Premiere Pro and iMovie will display video a tad bit different. The videos below might be helpful but then again Premiere Pro might have a serious bug this time because it seems like the alteration happens prior to rendering in the export viewer. That being said are you using any 3rd party plugins? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines