• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatabilty of legacy projects

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Returning to Premiere  and this forum after a considerable abscence!!!

I need to revisit some legacy projects from CC2014, CC2015.

How will latest PPro version handle this?

It used to be no problem at all but I see considerable changes since last time I worked in Premiere.  Hoping I will even recognise anything , let alone work the application.

ShooterNZ

Craig Howard

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome back!

There have been a couple of threads where people have had to update their projects in stages using inbetween versions of Premiere., that's if you still have older versions on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Graig, missed you!

You could give the trial a spin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to revisit some legacy projects from CC2014, CC2015.

How will latest PPro version handle this?

By @shooternz

Most of the times it will work great. Create a new project in the current version of Premiere Pro and import the old project/s using File > Import > Media instead of just open them. Have patience, it will take a while for large projects and it will appear that the app has freezed, but just wait and the old project will import.

Some old video/audio filters are gone and will now be offline. Redoing some work may be necessary with new video/audio filters. If you have titles made by the Titler it´s time to convert them to new graphics. This can be done in the Graphics and Titles menu. 

And, welcome back! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Averdahl  (Roger?)

Appreciate you chipping in. Gives me confidence to trial new version for the project.

Looking forward to seeing all the developments and having a play.  I have missed editing and Premiere!

What is the new Title file called ?  (.prt)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Averdahl  (Roger?)

By @shooternz

Yes, i am Roger! 🙂

Peru Bob gave you the answer regarding titles, but it is also possible to go to Graphics and Titles > New Layer to create text/shapes. So creating/using MOGRT´s is not necessary for simple titlles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome back, Craig! You still in kiwiland?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed I am Jeff.

Nice to see you are still here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CRAIG!

Hey, I just got back from NAB ... that was wild, there were so many people practically crying they were so happy to see real people again, not computer screens.

And then, here's me old bud Craig on the PrPro forum!

Awesome!

And yea, I'd just try a "new project", use MediaBrowser to import the older project file assets.

The Titler titles converted to morgrts will be the biggest issue I'm guessing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines