• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

conforming MTS - "re-conforms" every time I open the project

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a lot of references to conforming, but none quite like this.  Every time I hope a pretty big project, Premiere Pro (latest CC version) re-conforms all the audio.

I can edit, save, and re-open, and all the audio is re-conformed again.

I have never had this happen before,   I am not dead in the water but this is very irritating, and I have never had another project do this.  I have checked the scratch drives, etc - all those setting seem to be correct.  I haven't even built any preview files yet.

Can anyone shed a clue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache Database files.

Then create a new project and import the old project into the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache Database files.

Then create a new project and import the old project into the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm.  The new project is perfectly stable and does not reconform when opening.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed these instructions and am now waiting for conforming to finish again, in the new project now. Maybe it will not conform AFTER I save and reopen this project? If not, this solution doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... yeah it didn't work for me. I'll just re-encode everything. I hate AVCHD and can't wait for the old cameras that use it to be retired for good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but can you elaborate on how to import an Old project into a new project into its entirety? I’ve never had to do it before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find this "media cache"?

Also, is it possible that deleting the media cache database files will mess with my project, i.e. make Premiere Pro unable to find the video files, as if I had moved them to a different location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Just tried this and the files finished conforming, but nothing showed up in the project bins. No files, no timelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help of the Solution but really, it would be helpful to say HOW to do the solution too. At least for me.

I can see where the Media Cache files are, but am confused what you mean by the database?

Are you just making 1 thing sound like 2 different things?

I've googled the hell out of it and can't see the difference between the 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lflegg  wrote

I've googled the hell out of it and can't see the difference between the 2.

By default, both the cache files (in the Media Cache Files folder) and the media cache database files (in the Media Cache folder) are stored in these locations:

Mac: /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

Windows:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

from here:

FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! That's the info I was missing - the "database files" are just the files inside the "Media Cache" folder. So I delete that + the "Media Cache Files" folder.

Thanks muchly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines