• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert panned static mask to moving mask?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm trying to do some some really complicated masking stuff and I can't seem to get what I'm looking for. I'm trying to create a new animated mask that emulates a static mask that has been panned.

As an example, I have a pink pattern layer with a static, star shaped mask.

ConsfusedUser_0-1687225316324.png

This layer is then nested, and the nested sequence has a position/rotation/scale animation applied, as if there were a camera zooming into the pink layer.

Nest scale.gif

Is there any way to create a new animated mask for an unmoving green pattern layer that perfectly matches the shape of the original mask? The below gif is an imperfect recreation of what I'm going for.

Mask scale.gif

Som notes: Please read this part since it explains why I'm trying to do this.

This example is an extreme oversimplification of my project. In reality, there are multiple non-static masks inside the nest that pertain to multiple unmoving patterns outside the nest. The masks were created inside the nest as a matter of necessity, and I can't change them. I understand that you could use alpha adjust to cut holes in the nest and reveal the underlying patterns, but this can't work in my case for two reasons. First - the nested masks sometimes overlap each other, meaning that I wouldn't be able to accurately split the underlying patterns apart.

Second - I want to put another layer behind the underlying patterns. If I just cut holes in the nest where the patterns should be, it won't allow for a third layer behind everything else.

I know I'm asking a lot, but I am pulling my hair out trying to think of a way to make this work and the only thing I can think of is giving the non-nested pattern layers an animated mask.

Thanks in advance for help.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I follow, but you can duplicate the nest that has the animated mask. So let's say you on V3 your nest, on V2 the duplicated one, and on V1 put the pattern that you want. Apply a Track Matte Key on V1, and set the Matte to V2 in the effect controls.

Again, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I hope it helps. If you can share a reference of the thing that you're trying to achieve, we'll try to figure it out together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines