• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corner pin not working on 15.4 M1 Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the effect is dragged onto a clip the clip turns white. I have tested the effect on an Intel Mac with the same OS version, and there it works fine.

Are there any workarounds?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kimgroth,

We're sorry to hear about this issue. Please allow us some time to get it checked at our end. We will update you shortly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kimgroth,

Thanks for your patience. The Corner Pin effect is working properly at our end. Are you experiencing this issue with any specific project or while applying the effect to any specific media type? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

i appreciate your reply. I opened a project that was created on an Intel machine at first, and there it showed up. So now I've tried to recreate the problem and have a little more information.

I used the downloadable FX9 clip from this website: https://www.dvestore.com/blog/downloadable-sample-footage-sony-fx9-canon-c500-arri-alexa-mini-lx-red...

When I apply a curve in lumetri and then apply the corner pin effect I get the error. When I open the same Premiere project in "Intel mode" it works as it should. So I really appreciate that functionality!

Can you recreate that error on your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amendment...

We might have bigger problems.

I just dragged warp stabilizer onto a clip and the clip turned white. Turns out that warp stabilizer is having the same problems as corner pin. So, I checked the other effects...

Everything in the Distort folder caused the clips to turn white. Some of them in the Stylize folder turned the clips white, but most didn't. Lens flare and Lightning effects did turn the clips white, but the other two in the Generate folder didn't.

So, there is a pattern in there somewhere. What do these effects have in common?

And why were they working last week but aren't working today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll confirm Kimgroth's issue because I'm having it, too. 

M1 Mac Mini. OS 11.4

I drag corner pin onto a clip and the clip turns white. I delete corner pin from the clip and it returns to normal.

I nested the clip and corner pin still turns it white.

I tried different clips and corner pin turns them all white.

None of these clips have any effects on them. They are iphone clips imported as .MOV

However... and this might be important... corner pin does NOT turn .MP4 clips white.

Corner pin works just fine on my imac (intel chip).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that it's not just me! Thanks holtwebbart!

Lucky for me I'm just playing around and not doing anything critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I was on the phone with Adobe yesterday about this issue (and other issues) and they couldn't figure it out, so they had to escalate it to a higher level. They're supposed to get back to me about it (we'll see). In the meantime, we had to revert back to version 15.2 (I was using 15.4). This solved the problem with the effects turning clips white, but it didn't help with my other issue (specifically, frames from one clip automatically being inserted into an adjacent clip when trimming).

I hope this helps a little.

Also, you might want to consider learning how to use Final Cut Pro. 😉

Adobe is beset with far too many bugs and software problems (I spend about two hours every two weeks talking with Adobe about software problems... none of which have been solved). Final Cut Pro doesn't seem to suffer that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use them all, including FCP, Avid, Resolve, the right tool for the right job 😉

I'm pretty happy with how Premiere runs on Intel these days. I just figured I'd check it out on Apple silicon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines