• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt Auto-Saves (after a certain point)

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have been working on a new project in Premiere Pro CC 2019 (I have not updated PP since I began the project)

My Specs:

I'm working on a brand new 2017 iMac Pro

- 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon

- 32 GB RAM and Radeon Pro Vega graphics

- Mojave 10.14.2

- my footage is on a 16TB G-Drive.

My project is set to auto-save every 5 minutes, and saves up to 20 copies a day, and I save manually a lot as well. At the end of each day, I save my work, close premiere, copy the project file, paste it to my desktop for backup (the master file is saved on my external hard drive) and then update the date on the filename.

Yesterday, after I did all of that I remembered I needed to check something so I tried to open the project back up but Adobe said "sorry, a serious error has occurred..."  I tried to open up the auto-saves and they all gave me the same error. After a lot of troubleshooting (including trying to open the file up on a different computer), I moved the project file (the corrupt one) to a portable external hard drive, created a new project in Premiere and imported the contents of the old project into the new one - all of the information was in tact, thank god. I worked on the new file for a couple hours today and did the same thing at the end of the day. I tried to open the project back up and the same thing happened! However, this time, i found that the auto-saves prior to a certain point were all working (see image below - green dots mean good and red means it will not open). All I did today was change label colors and clean up some multiclipping, i did not import any new footage. So what could have happened between 2:03 and 2:19 that made the file corrupt?

I also tried chatting with someone at Adobe and they were extremely unhelpful...

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 3.23.11 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Oh My friend don't waste your time deleting those files, This is not working at all.Besides it will take you again lots of times to recreate  those files and conforming.

Send me your file to my email: chooriy ad gmail.com

[emailadress edited by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite a number of things. You're getting corrupted data files there somehow. Clean out all your cache/media cache database files and probably dump your preferences on restarting.

There's a FAQ on the Overview page listing for FAQs on trashing preferences.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil for those suggestions! I will try both of those things and report back if I have any luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh My friend don't waste your time deleting those files, This is not working at all.Besides it will take you again lots of times to recreate  those files and conforming.

Send me your file to my email: chooriy ad gmail.com

[emailadress edited by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If auto save is not opening after a certain point then to me it means your main project is also corrupt.

Go from the one you can open.

If the project is very important might want to try this guy.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10718628?tstart=0#10718628

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Ann for showing me this other thread!! This guy seems like magic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

He did it! The wonderful Mohsenagha fixed my project. Still not sure what happened, but I am now working on Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 (12.1.2) and not going to go to 2019 any time soon, just to be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines