• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

could not synchronize one or more clips PP 13.1

Explorer ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Vegas for years, and decided to give Premiere Pro another go, and happened to notice a trial was available.  One of the things I was looking forward to, is having integrated clip sync.  I took two shots, one from a Sony A6500 and the other from a Panasonic GX8.  Both in 2160/24.  Used audio to sync, which had a loud clap on both camera tracks.  I get the following error:

could not synchronize one or more clips because a match could not be found.

Now I know this has been posted before.  But I have tried every suggestion I can find.  Funnily enough, I own Pluraleyes, which was a must for Vegas.  Clips sync up perfectly. 

PPro 13.1 Wintel 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using multi-cam daily.

What settings did you have to sync by ... or probably easiest, make a screen-grab of you multi-cam creation dialog and drag/drop it onto your reply box.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly.  Here it is.  By the way, I have tried all three options for audio track channel.  Same result.  

Screenshot 2019-05-31 14.32.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying every permutation I can think of, I can only assume audio sync is broken.  Fortunately, I did manage to import a Pluraleyes sync, enable multicam on that timeline and it works.  I was really hoping that native audio synch would work, but I already own Pluraleyes, so I guess it's liveable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have each audio/video on a different track

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. Sometimes it mysteriously works fine, most of the time it does not. In this case, and most, I am trying to sync two files from idential Sony cameras with the same frame rate and resolution, etc. I am new to Premiere Pro and certainly suspect ignorance on my part, but I have tried every possible variable of this and I wind up having to line the clips up manually. That's a deal breaker, as I use syncronized PiP features constantly. Any suggestions appreciated.

Premiere Pro Sync Errors.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 100 % with you. 

It's unnacceptable that this still is like a lottery ticker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still surprised by some of the features. In particular, quite often Premiere fails to synchronize the sound from the camera with the sound of the recorder. You heard what I just said. I am surprised and amazed by the algorithms of the PROFESSIONAL program. How much I and many here would like all the functions that are implemented in Premiere to work 100% otherwise why implement them to look for a problem why they don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly one has to resort to 3rd party software for these kinds of things. I've used pluraleyes in the past with great results, but they've been acquired by Maxon and will be discontinued. Been reading a lot that Syncalia works wonderfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a number of times where someone's sent me a couple files that wouldn't sync on their machine ... and by lifting one of the clips' levels to closer to the other, they all synced.

Which seems silly, but if the general levels are decently close, Pr may very well say it can't be certain of a match.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years in and Adobe still has'nt fixed this issue... unbelievable. Having this problem come up all the time these days, there is a clear match and it can not find it and i have to wast time syncing manually. We're paying good money for broken software... ridiculous. 

Mod note: Comment removed. Please don't be crass on these forums. You may want to review Forum Guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex,

In I think almost every case I've seen that has been resolved, it has come down to something on the local machine. Or a setting that was interfering or something.

So ... would love to help sort this one out. Some of these things can be so simple when finally found, but so maddening to find.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I am also extremely frustrated at this error. I'm on a deadline for syncing some audio here and I have to do it by hand because nothing works.

I am as frustrated as Alex, we pay monthly for this software that our livelyhoods depend on and mind you, Adobe is a 350 BILLION with a B company and syncing 2 audio clips seems harder than achieving nuclear fusion on earth. 

Please help. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I dout it is the local mashine. The thing is it works and then decides not to work half way through the project, its then a gamble everytime. A few hours of editing has now cost me more than a days delay. The video files are all the same format, the audio is all from the same recoder device, no changes.

This is getting super frustrating, especialy when I search online for a fix, see others having the same issue for over 3 years and no solution. One solution was to pay for a extention that would set me back another 60 a month. Im tired of this now, especially then to find I'm slapped on the wrists by a mod and my comment is deleted... for compaling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex,

You do get full sympathy here for going through editing Hades. I can't think of anyone I know in the trade who hasn't been there at times. Whether editor, vfx, colorist ... something fails and we're slammed in trying to get the task done.

As far as the mod removing comments, as this is a very public forum "for all ages" Adobe enforces a rather strict limit on comments that are either scatalogical, foul language, or personally pointed. I've posted some epic rants here myself ... just saw to it that I avoided those things. And yea, I was so mad I had to edit to make sure I didn't exceed the limits.

As Kevin noted, post the exact machine specs, process you're using, media, and results over on UserVoice. That goes directly into their engineer's Slack channels so now several engineers will see every post.

Unfortunately from what engineers tell me, most posts there are of the nature of 'x is broke, fix it' ... when x is working for the vast majority of users. The post is useless because it doesn't give the engineers the data to be able to replicate.

If they can't replicate, they have no way to even start on a 'fix'. And you wanna see frustrated engineers, give them a bunch of posts without data to figure out what's happening.

If you could pass some of the clips to others here via dropbox/wetransfer link or something, so several of us could test to see if we have sync issues with those clips, that also could be very useful data. And something that happens on this forum every once in a while.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I come across this damn synchronization and this damn redefinition of the color space quite often. Nothing is working properly. And this is a small part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let Adobe folks know about your situation and dissatisfaction here, Alex: Premiere Pro User Voice

This is a user to user forum.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was helpful, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fully support it @Alex Fritz 

Now it is a neutered editing software. The most interesting thing is that the product itself is developing outside of Pr. AI algorithms are emerging. And what we see in fact in the Pr itself, mistakes have not been corrected for several years. This is a sad experience of using this product in the hands of a professional. WHERE IS THE FOURTH RING ON THE COLOR - OFFSET? I've been waiting for a decent amount of time. Can't engineers make more timely decisions than to wait for the indignation of users and negative labels on the software?

P.S. But, it won't be long, because "the boat is sinking".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the extremely frustrated list.

I am working on a lengthy video with multiple clips that I am syncing individually. They all should be easy syncs, and some are, but I'm still sometimes getting the error message, even when I know 100% the audio matches. I tried the mix down option, still a no-go. Frustrating, especially when I've taken the time to record and edit a separate audio track. Look, this thing either works, or it doesn't. Don't mess with my mind or waste my time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did discover, through trial and error, finally, that if I allowed ample excess footage on either side of the audio, I had no more problems syncing. Don't know if that's an accident or what, but it got me through my project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's one thing that helps. Another is to make sure the relative audio levels are somewhat close. So looking at the waveforms, and if need bumping one up a few dB is often a life-saver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it's the simple things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 

That's where my problem was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I do that? I have to export the audio and then import it? or can I do it in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines