I've used Vegas for years, and decided to give Premiere Pro another go, and happened to notice a trial was available. One of the things I was looking forward to, is having integrated clip sync. I took two shots, one from a Sony A6500 and the other from a Panasonic GX8. Both in 2160/24. Used audio to sync, which had a loud clap on both camera tracks. I get the following error:
could not synchronize one or more clips because a match could not be found.
Now I know this has been posted before. But I have tried every suggestion I can find. Funnily enough, I own Pluraleyes, which was a must for Vegas. Clips sync up perfectly.
PPro 13.1 Wintel 10
I'm using multi-cam daily.
What settings did you have to sync by ... or probably easiest, make a screen-grab of you multi-cam creation dialog and drag/drop it onto your reply box.
Certainly. Here it is. By the way, I have tried all three options for audio track channel. Same result.
After trying every permutation I can think of, I can only assume audio sync is broken. Fortunately, I did manage to import a Pluraleyes sync, enable multicam on that timeline and it works. I was really hoping that native audio synch would work, but I already own Pluraleyes, so I guess it's liveable.
You need to have each audio/video on a different track
I also have this problem. Sometimes it mysteriously works fine, most of the time it does not. In this case, and most, I am trying to sync two files from idential Sony cameras with the same frame rate and resolution, etc. I am new to Premiere Pro and certainly suspect ignorance on my part, but I have tried every possible variable of this and I wind up having to line the clips up manually. That's a deal breaker, as I use syncronized PiP features constantly. Any suggestions appreciated.
I am 100 % with you.
It's unnacceptable that this still is like a lottery ticker
3 years in and Adobe still has'nt fixed this issue... unbelievable. Having this problem come up all the time these days, there is a clear match and it can not find it and i have to wast time syncing manually. We're paying good money for broken software... ridiculous.
Mod note: Comment removed. Please don't be crass on these forums. You may want to review Forum Guidelines.
In I think almost every case I've seen that has been resolved, it has come down to something on the local machine. Or a setting that was interfering or something.
So ... would love to help sort this one out. Some of these things can be so simple when finally found, but so maddening to find.
I am also extremely frustrated at this error. I'm on a deadline for syncing some audio here and I have to do it by hand because nothing works.
I am as frustrated as Alex, we pay monthly for this software that our livelyhoods depend on and mind you, Adobe is a 350 BILLION with a B company and syncing 2 audio clips seems harder than achieving nuclear fusion on earth.
Thanks Neil, I dout it is the local mashine. The thing is it works and then decides not to work half way through the project, its then a gamble everytime. A few hours of editing has now cost me more than a days delay. The video files are all the same format, the audio is all from the same recoder device, no changes.
This is getting super frustrating, especialy when I search online for a fix, see others having the same issue for over 3 years and no solution. One solution was to pay for a extention that would set me back another 60 a month. Im tired of this now, especially then to find I'm slapped on the wrists by a mod and my comment is deleted... for compaling.
You do get full sympathy here for going through editing Hades. I can't think of anyone I know in the trade who hasn't been there at times. Whether editor, vfx, colorist ... something fails and we're slammed in trying to get the task done.
As far as the mod removing comments, as this is a very public forum "for all ages" Adobe enforces a rather strict limit on comments that are either scatalogical, foul language, or personally pointed. I've posted some epic rants here myself ... just saw to it that I avoided those things. And yea, I was so mad I had to edit to make sure I didn't exceed the limits.
As Kevin noted, post the exact machine specs, process you're using, media, and results over on UserVoice. That goes directly into their engineer's Slack channels so now several engineers will see every post.
Unfortunately from what engineers tell me, most posts there are of the nature of 'x is broke, fix it' ... when x is working for the vast majority of users. The post is useless because it doesn't give the engineers the data to be able to replicate.
If they can't replicate, they have no way to even start on a 'fix'. And you wanna see frustrated engineers, give them a bunch of posts without data to figure out what's happening.
If you could pass some of the clips to others here via dropbox/wetransfer link or something, so several of us could test to see if we have sync issues with those clips, that also could be very useful data. And something that happens on this forum every once in a while.