• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CPU percentage on 200-700% when using premiere

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 14 inch MacBook M1 pro, when working on a project and I'm using a lot of warp stabilizer, I go into 'Activity Monitor' and it says premiere pro is using 700ish % of the CPU. How is this possible? Can I change something in the settings. I have latest version of premiere and the CPU on this computer is really good, not sure how this is happening.

Any help or clarification would be great! I'm so confused

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ochevallier95,

Sorry to hear that! It sounds like something is going wrong with your project. Can you create a new project and import the old one into the new one. Does that fix it? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're confused about how Pr can use 700% of the CPU, remember that you have a 10-core CPU. Each core can get used up to 100%. So Pr is using about 70% of your available computing power. That's not unreasonable for Warp Stabilizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way CPU use is listed for many high-core-count computers is initially confusing. Typically 6 core computers just gave an overall figure, as in say 70% of the total capable. But on many of the high-core-count computers they give a rating that like you explain is 100x(the number of cores) for a "complete" use.

Hence your good example.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you notice the CPU and GPU usage scale when going from 1/4, 1/2 and full resolution than everything is OK. If your computer acts like the computer in the video below then you might have a problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines