• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes running Premiere Pro on 2016 MacBook Pro with Radeon Pro 460

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has been my editing app for 3+ years. All my work has been done using MacBook Pro laptops. In November 2016  I bought a 15" MacBook Pro with the Radeon Pro 460 graphics card. Almost immediately I started having crashes using Premiere requiring a reboot of the computer. Apple had me do some resets - Pram and something else and it settled down for a short while, but then continued to crash, ending up crashing every time I played a clip. When the the computer crashed I got the green checkerboard freeze with red flashes. The computer was replaced by Apple at the end of December. Now the same crashes have started to happen on the new machine. I have contacted Apple and Adobe. Apple has made no suggestions other than to say “Ask adobe”. Adobe had me reinstall the app, but it is still crashing. The new computer has crashed 4 times now during 5 hours of work. When I got the first machine in November I did a fresh install. I have little else installed on the machine other than the essential Creative Cloud apps and no 3rd party apps or LUTs. I did migrate to the replacement machine. It seems that I will be forced to return to my 3 year old MacBook Pro which works just fine using the latest OS and Creative Cloud apps. This new MBP is going back and it's unlikely I will buy another until the issue is resolved. Adobe Case # 0188526716

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wideangleprod wrote:

I did migrate to the replacement machine.

Did you mean to say that you didn't do a clean install of the Adobe applications?

If you did not do a fresh install, that may be a contributing factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a fresh install on the machine bought in November. The Replacement for that was migrated, Premiere is a fresh install. Judging from the multiple users having the same issue I think that this is not  the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue! If you use software-only rendering, there is no crash but bad performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meeting the same issue! Besides it works amazing with After Effects or any other software.

Been testing my machine with local Danish retailers but other machines do crash at the same time when rendering heavier projects. We didn't replicate screen glitch, but I've experienced it around 10 times when intensively editing, especially 4k footage. Complete freeze with nasty visual lag. Sometimes takes time to start it up.

Hope they get the root of this glitch and machines don't get torched too much by that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry to see you had this issue. Did you ever solve it?

Many people had issues with the new MacBook Pro (with the Radeon Pro 4xx series), which were resolved by the macOS 10.12.3 update.

Please also let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has NOT been resolved. I have a MacBook Pro 2016 (max) with Radeon Pro 460 & 10.12.3 and it's still crashing while rendering in OpenCL in Premiere. I've talked with Adobe Tech via phone. They said that I have to contact Apple to switch my DEFAULT card to the 460. Hmmm. That's my next step I guess.

I download an app to manually switch to the 460. Didn't work.

The 'Automatic Switching' off option under Energy Saver doesn't work.

I'm at a loss on what to do 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has NOT been resolved. I have a MacBook Pro 2016 (max) with Radeon Pro 460 & 10.12.3 and it's still crashing while rendering in OpenCL in Premiere. I've talked with Adobe Tech via phone. They said that I have to contact Apple to switch my DEFAULT card to the 460. Hmmm. That's my next step I guess.

I download an app to manually switch to the 460. Didn't work.

The 'Automatic Switching' off option under Energy Saver doesn't work.

I'm at a loss on what to do 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi andylee-wg,

Sorry that you're still having issues!

Have you tried rendering with Metal or Software Only?

Does it crash only on rendering or while launching as well?

Do you experience the same behavior in all the projects?

Which version of Premiere Pro are you using, precisely? FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines