• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Create new project' import tab not showing all folders to select media

Contributor ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to create a new project using the new dialog box, I navigate to my normal directory (C:\user\SH\) to import media and instead of seeing all my files and folders, I only see one .DNG file.  There should be 10+ folders and several .DNG, .JPG, .ARW, etc. files.  Going to another path  (C:\user\Public\) and it works fine. Using Win10.  Similar path on my Win11 laptop works fine too.Missing folders and filesMissing folders and files

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Steve, so glad you asked! This has been plaguing me for several versionsm and I never get around to asking. Once upon a time, I changed the "change file types" in Media Browser (the Eyeball/"Directory Viewers"), to dng. Thereafter, even after resetting preferences etc, it ALWAYS opens with the dng set. So it only shows me dng files. As soon as I reset it to "Files," I can see all the files. And I am good until I close PR. When I reopen it, I'm back to dng only.

And this setting has now followe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best is to put your assets in a separate A/V folder, preferably on another internal drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you can easily skip importing on that page.

Just make sure nothing is 'starred' in the center import section, nothing blue in the right side options, then ...

1 Type Project Name

2 Select Project Location

3 Click the "Create" button

Now your project opens, go to the Project panel or MediaBrowser panels to import as you probably have in the past.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, so glad you asked! This has been plaguing me for several versionsm and I never get around to asking. Once upon a time, I changed the "change file types" in Media Browser (the Eyeball/"Directory Viewers"), to dng. Thereafter, even after resetting preferences etc, it ALWAYS opens with the dng set. So it only shows me dng files. As soon as I reset it to "Files," I can see all the files. And I am good until I close PR. When I reopen it, I'm back to dng only.

And this setting has now followed me to the new project style, the new Import tab, etc.

In any event, Steve, just click on the eyeball and select "Files."

Can anyone tell me how to set the default back to all files?

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it.  Filtered to DNG but not identified in eyeball icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines