Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating "Cover Image" for Video

Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is obviously a beginner's question. 😉

Actually, I've got the hang of using Premier and have created a few videos that I'm pretty happy with. However, I'm trying to figure out how to create the image people see before they click on a video. What is it called - a thumbnail, or cover image?

For example, one of my videos shows nothing but a yellow frame at the very beginning when it's open in Premier. But when I export it as a video and view it in Finder on my Mac, I see a black frame with a red fist (one of the images that appears later in the video.

If I would like people to see a particular image when they view the video icon, is this something I do in Premier, or do I do it after I export the video?

I'm making most of my videos for TikTok, but I will probably publish them to other platforms as well.

Thanks!

[Moved to more appropriate forum - Mod]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

You cannot make thumbnails isn Premiere.

Thumbnails are set by the player used.

On YouTube you can set custom thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Geobop,

Thank you for your contribution to the community. Depending on the platform you're uploading to, you might get an option to upload the cover image separately or choose a frame within the video to set as the cover picture. The Finder might have picked a random frame from the video, but that might not be the same for the platform you're uploading to. I found this article which may be of use to you. Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot make thumbnails isn Premiere.

Thumbnails are set by the player used.

On YouTube you can set custom thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines