• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

custom mogrt duplicates all clips to new folder

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update when I import custom .mogrt files to my timeline, it does create a new folder in my project panel and it duplicates all the video clips that are used in my timeline to this folder. This is VERY upsetting. Why would I like to have all my clips dissorganised in a new folder? And every single time I add a new .mogrt to my timeline it duplicates all my clips in this folder again. I have like 10 versions of each clip in my project panel, this is ridiculous. Am I the only one with this problem? I tried this on several projects with different .mogrt files, it does that thing every time. (I know I could remove all unused clips and then move every duplicated clip to the good folder again but this is very time consuming…)

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Hi Jonas, 

That is so frustrating and we've found it to be caused when you have the Injest Settings in Project Settings set to Create Proxies. When you add a Mogrt to the sequence, it creates a project item in a folder called the Motion Graphics Template Media folder. This action is kicking off new proxie copies of all of the media in the project erroneously. So annoying! 

It does not repro for me in the latest Beta and appears to be fixed for the next release. 

Apologies for the inconveni

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen this behavior, and wow, that would be maddening!

Where did the custom mogrts come from?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas, 

That is so frustrating and we've found it to be caused when you have the Injest Settings in Project Settings set to Create Proxies. When you add a Mogrt to the sequence, it creates a project item in a folder called the Motion Graphics Template Media folder. This action is kicking off new proxie copies of all of the media in the project erroneously. So annoying! 

It does not repro for me in the latest Beta and appears to be fixed for the next release. 

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dacia! As always, coming to the rescue!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this doesn't seem to be a solution for me. I haven't used proxies for a couple months and the ingest settings have been disabled since then. I enabled them and let them process on my current project before saving & closing Premiere. I then reopened the project and in Project Settings, toggled ingest back off. Save/Close/Reopen and the problem still persists. I have 12 Mogrts and all of them will create dublicate instances of every clip on the timeline they are dropped to (in the Motion Graphics Template Media folder). As a test, I created a new sequence in the same project, dragged over a couple Mogrts and nothing was duplicated. So, I guess that's my work around until this is truly fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's happening to me, too and my ingest is disabled so that workaround is no good.

The "create a new sequence and work on that" seems to work, though. Also, if you just copy and paste the exisitng mogrts in the timeline (instead of drag'n'drop them from the project window), no additional duplicates are created -and yes, they appear as duplicates, not proxies-. Let's hope it's fixed before the spring release because this bug is new to this version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Drag & drop from the Project window .... " ... where were these created? Are they Source or Master graphics?

And they haven't had a spring 'release' in some years. For about four years now, the new Major Verion drops for their Adobe Max event, coming up next month both online and live in LA.

You should also, as a user, download and install the public beta and have it alongside your 'shipping' version. In the CC Desktop app, the Beta tab ... install Pr2023's public version.

And you can see if the problem occurs in the next version yourself with your workflow.

I do recommend creating new project files in any 'new' version, then use the MediaBrowser panel to navigate to, select, and "import" the assets of an oder version project file. Cleaner, safer, more reliable than simply opening an older project file in a new version.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These mogrts were developed on AE by some people in a company I work for. They developed a ton of mogrts to be used by several editors on different projects... They are nothing fancy, just lower thirds with text, a box and some simple in & out animation.

I'd love to have the beta installed, but I wouldn't be able to use it for these projects... they encourage us to use "gold" releases and, as usual, not to update to the newest version at least until a month has gone by and the bugs have been ironed out. I updated because this last update was supposed to be minor changes and bug fixes, right?

By the way, the project file was new -created yesterday- on the lastest version, it's not an old project created in a previous version (the mogrts must be, though).

Thanks for your help, Neil.

Pablo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa really??!?! 

Ok now I'm very scared. @Shawn8317 and @pablogrollan can y'all please send me a copy of the bad project via Direct Messages. It would be great to get these into developer's hands to run through the debugger. 

The fact that creating a new sequence "solves" it makes me think there is some sort of corrupted state saved into the other sequences where this is repro'ing. 

If y'all could also send me info on what versions you're running and system specs that would be great. 

Out of curiosity, does this repro for you in the latest Beta? 

Thanks,

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dacia. Looks like we were typing at the same time and I didn't reply so you may not get a notice (sorry!).

But please see my new post below and I'd be glad to work with you from there. I'll try the Beta in the meantime.

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to see if can send you the project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does appear to be fixed in Beta. I'm not able to repro using XAVC files, my standard workflow or just haphazardly throwing things around. So that's awesome. We have a workaround until the next release. THANK YOU!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @DaciaSaenz I'm also seeing the exact same issues described in this thread!

Haven't used proxies in a while, so can confidently say it's not that. I'm currently running version 22.6.2, which to my knowledge is the most recent update to PP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,  I basically had to delete the duplicates, delete the original media, and then re-import the original media and add everything back to the timeline to get rid of the duplicates.  It was a pain, but I have to get back to work! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, director!

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing a similar issue with v22.6.3. My project settings are NOT set to create proxies on ingest (never have been). What's different for me is that only one file inside my project gets duplicated into the Motion Graphics Template Media folder. It's the same file every time but it does not happen consistently. Last week it happened every time I imported aMOGRT from EG to the timeline. Most of today was fine until about an hour ago when it duplicates every time.

I don't know if this is related, but saw issues with Graphic Parameters after updating the MOGRT. For example, I added a couple of new sliders in AE, exported, then reimported into PP holding ALT to update all instances. Existing instances showed duplaicte Graphic Parameters in the Effect Controls panel, but did not include the new parameters. Adding a new instance to the timeline did work.

I installed the v22.6.3 update recently and it seems to be the cause of all this. I cannot update to the newest version yet, so I will have to downgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you can't upgrade, but of course it needn't be one or the other installed ... you can install 23.0 or 23.1, but don't uninstall (ever ... ) the previous version.. Then duplicate your 22 version project.

Test by creating a new project in 23, and using the MediaBrowser panel to select the previous (duped version) project file, import the sequences. If it works, great. If not, nothing lost.

At times I've had some projects still working in a previous version while working others in the new. Tis an option. My current main system has from the public beta back through 2019 installed. My secondary rig (pervious main) has back to 2015 installed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I believe I just narrowed it down some. Was playing around with Neil's suggestion of importing a project into the  current version (22.6.2 from 10 days ago) instead of converting it from an older. The problem still persists.

So I closed that one and started a new blank project and dropped in some random Sony PXW-200 mp4's (1080p). Dragged a Mogrt over from the Essential Gx tab and voila, no duplicates were created. Next I grabbed some Alpha S7 III (XAVCS-I 4K) clips, which is what I was editing with when I first saw the problem. Dropped them on the timeline, brought over a Mogrt and boom, every clip was duplicated in the Motion Graphics Template Media folder. But only the a7s3 clips, no PXW duplicate clips. Hmm, so then I repeated it with some a7s3 XAVC S HD clips and they duplicated also.

So now I'm left wondering if it's a Alpha 7 problem or just an XAVC thing. It only started with the latest update, 22.6.2 from 10 days ago (per CC Desktop). Adding Mogrts from the Essen. Gx tab to a blank timeline does bypass duplicating any clips and will then work normally when dragging from the Project tab to a populated timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clips were not XAVC of any flavour, but h264 mp4 encoded in AME and downloaded from a server... Though one thing they have in common is both are heavily compressed formats. Could that explain the different behaviour between XAVC files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, probably. XAVC is h264 mp4 also, just high bitrate and wrapped as Sony sees fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with all of my media, which is a combination of .movs and .mp4s of all different compressions and codecs. Any time I import a simple mogrt, everything is duplicated into a "Motion Graphics Template Media." Oddly enough, the clips all seem to be referencing the same media. i.e. If I delete one of the duplicates, they all get deleted. Ingest settings are all disabled. Very odd and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with my timeline.  my string out works fine but when I start using MOGRTs it removes the color labels from my raw footage, duplicates it all, and places it in a Motion Graphics Template folder that PR creates.  Super frustrating, especially when it comes to the color grading since it removes the color lables that i selected for each camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... you apply a mogrt to a higher track, and it removes color labels from clips on a different track?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for the past month (or so) and I just found this thread. I thought I was going crazy with my label colors disappearing and these duplicate files being placed in a new folder that I didn't create.  Now I know I'm not alone and several others have the same issue with PR v22.6.2. 

I'm always afraid to upgrade to the new release within the first month, but as soon as I'm done with my current edit i will upgrade to v23 and hope that fixes the issue.

For reference I've attached 3 images.

#1 The cirled clip is the MOGRT that messed everything up.

#2 Shows the folder PR created, then replaced all clips in the timeline with these new duplicate clips, and changed all labeled colors to iris.  (in image # 1 you'll see the iphone clips did not get changed to iris, but my Mavic Pro 3, DJI Action Camera 3, and Sony a7iii clips are now all iris color).  

#3 Shows the timeline before I added the MOGRT file with all the colors of each camera labeled for easier color grading.

Hope that all makes sense...and hope they fixed this issue in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make that mogrt or acquire it somewhere?

And ... what is in that mogrt?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines