• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

custom mogrt duplicates all clips to new folder

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update when I import custom .mogrt files to my timeline, it does create a new folder in my project panel and it duplicates all the video clips that are used in my timeline to this folder. This is VERY upsetting. Why would I like to have all my clips dissorganised in a new folder? And every single time I add a new .mogrt to my timeline it duplicates all my clips in this folder again. I have like 10 versions of each clip in my project panel, this is ridiculous. Am I the only one with this problem? I tried this on several projects with different .mogrt files, it does that thing every time. (I know I could remove all unused clips and then move every duplicated clip to the good folder again but this is very time consuming…)

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Hi Jonas, 

That is so frustrating and we've found it to be caused when you have the Injest Settings in Project Settings set to Create Proxies. When you add a Mogrt to the sequence, it creates a project item in a folder called the Motion Graphics Template Media folder. This action is kicking off new proxie copies of all of the media in the project erroneously. So annoying! 

It does not repro for me in the latest Beta and appears to be fixed for the next release. 

Apologies for the inconveni

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's from Motion Array.  A basic location pin animation.  here's the link: https://motionarray.com/motion-graphics-templates/location-titles-967362/?listing_position=9&q=locat... 

Hopefully the new version will fix it, but I won't upgrade until this project is complete.  I've had too many issues over the years with upgrading before the project is complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on 2022, no reason to uninstall. You and install 2023 alongside it, duplicate the project & test. No risk whatever.

You can also even install the 2023 public beta separately from 2023 shipping.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi The_Wynns,

See if the new version (23.0) or the Beta exhibits the same behavior.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me and i think I found a way to clean up a project once you get clips duplicated and messed up.

1. Create a new Project

2. Create a new Timeline

3. Open the corrupt Project

4. Select and copy all files and folders from the corrupt Project, except the Timeline and the Motion Graphics Template Media Folder!!! - Paste them into the new Project

5. Open the corrupt Timeline in the corrupt Project - Select all clips from this Timeline - Copy and paste them onto the new Timeline in the new Project.

This will clean the Motion Graphics Template Media Folder and the duplicates which are inside and will relink your clips which are on your new timeline to the files in their original folders. Only thing it won't fix is your custom color labels. It wont bring these colors back if you had color labeled the clips on the timeline after draging them onto the timeline itself). Hope this works for everyone who has this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too, going to try your solve to remove duplicates. Do I need to downgrade or upgrade premiere as well? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi director,

I have heard that this bug is fixed in v. 23, the current Premiere Pro Beta version. Can you check that out? Let me know if you need help installing it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try in the am--but will it remove the duplicate clips that are already there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally did not change the version of my Premiere Pro. This easy fix should work regardless of the version. But I also stopped using Mogrt on my new project. I didn't want to mess up my project again and to have to clean it again ... If you want to keep using Mogrts and add more to your new project though, you would probably be better of if you stay away from version 22.6.2 (until they fix it), because this is the version that is causing me this problem and i see other people above reporting the same issue with the same version. 

Shawn8317 is saying above that he has been using clips of two different resolutions when this happened. I too had a mixture of 1080p and 4K clips on my 1080p timeline. I don't know if this has any correlation to the issue, but i find it an interesting coincidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting on that, Vladislava. I'll let the product team know about your findings.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin I didn't see a Beta version available to try out. I posted a video below of what is happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm using clips of different resolutions is not the cause of the problem. It's happening to me all the time in small projects with 1080p clips. Having said that, I'm not sure the project is THAT corrupt. It does generate duplicates of the clip every time you use a mogrt, but they do not seem like "real" duplicates. If you erase any of them, the references on the timeline disappear, too. They are more like duplicate "instances" or "references" contained within the Motion Graphic Templates folder. Yes, that will make the folder a mess but so far it has not affected the stability of Premiere or the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm on  22.6.2. I tried creating a new project and copying the folders in ---however, it created a duplicate media folder when I copied and pasted and automatically added the Motion Graphics Template Folder. So this solution did not work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this solve in my corrupt project version 22.6.2., and then again after downgraded to 22.6.1. With both versions I wasn't able to get this to work. 

When I tried creating a New Project and copying the media from the corrupt project to the new proejct,  one of the folders was duplicated, and the Motion Graphics Template Media Folder also returned. Video attached ---the first project is the corrupted project, and the second one is the new project, and you can see what happens when I copy and paste the media folder. 

In the corrupt Project, I also tried deleting the duplicates and replacing the files on the timeline, but deleting the duplicates also deleted my original media. 

Does anyone have any other ideas? I can't ignore the duplicates because I can not "reveal in the project" to find the original media location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, what's in your Media folder? Is there a chance you might have put some sequence from the old psroject there by accident? Check the files in that folder and make sure they are only the raw media files, no sequences, no motion graphic files. If you can't find anything else in the Media folder, except the media files themselves, then just don't copy the folder from the old project. Import the folder again straight from your hard drive. Then create a new sequence and copy the edits from the old sequesnce (in teh old project) and paste it onto the new one in the new project, so that you have everything edited so far. Whats most important is to not transfer any sequence or any motion graphic elements from the old project into the new project. Only bare media files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@edit58989569 Unfortunately, the bug is baked into 22.6.x versions. The fix is in any version of Premiere Pro Beta from 23.0 x 24 and after. This means the fix will ship in the next release. 

Apologies for the added headaches this one caused. 

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue.

Footage is all ProRes 422.

The issue isn't project specific, it's in all projects.

The ONLY work around that works, is to import a mogrt into a blank timeline.

Importing into a timeline with any media will create duplicate media in a new Motion Graphics Template Media folder.

These are custom mogrts created by our graphics department. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgot to say that I'm on version 22.6.2 (Build 2).

Most of my co-workers are on 22.4 and they don't have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share one or more of those for others to test?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to 23.1.0 fixed these issues for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progress on finding out what this issue is caused by and if it can be fixed? I am experiencing it on 22.6.4 and I DO NOT have "Create Proxies" checked in the Ingest Settings. My organziation has not upgraded to 23 yet for various other issues in that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you need to upgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines