• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different options for keying out a background?

Engaged ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i‘ve used the color key effect for removing color from a sky to isolate a subject, like a bird or the moon, and it did a decent job, though I’m wondering if there are other options For keying out colors/backgrounds. What other effects should I look for to do this or to remove a green screen? When is it best to use the color key vs. the other option?

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This probably got no takers as it can be a looooooong discussion. Different tactics, different techniques, different needs. There's different masking effects, some using a secondary key, "replace color" ... all sorts of things. Masking from another layer, or setting up a three-layer situation where you use a mask on one layer to let a third layer's image/color through.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't aware that there were so many advanced techniques available in PP. Is there simply a more advanced version of the color key effect I can start with?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines