• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing Audio Waveforms When Zoomed Out

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title suggests, my audio waveforms continually vanish when I am zoomed out in my timeline. This is exceedingly frustrating. Yes, I can restart Premiere and clear my media cache which I then have to wait for everything to re-cache so I can preview things appropriately, but this is not an acceptable answer nor solution. Has anyone from Adobe actually addressed this problem? I know for a fact I'm not the only one (as I work in a production suite with a number of other editors) who constantly has to deal with this problem. I'm using the most current, updated version of Premiere Pro CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

ok here is the solution (for me at least) 

go to C:\Users\User(or your user name folder)\AppData(it's a hidden folder- enable show hidden folders)\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Peak Files (or wherever you have if go to edit>prreferences>media cache)  anf f.....  delete everything ( from the project thats having an issue) so the peaks will genereate when opened the project again correctly 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pattycakes Kaiju,

Is this with a new project or an updated one? If it's an updated one, please try the same with a new project. Same issue?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS A PROBLEM MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE FORUM. I WAS HOPING THIS LAST UPDATE WOULD FIX IT , BUT NO. IS THERE ANY WORD WHEN THIS WILL GET FIXED, MAKES IT HAD TO EDIT AUDIO QUICKLY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

This is an issue that occurs across all projects, new and old alike. Apologies for the delay in response and thank you for taking the time to help.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok here is the solution (for me at least) 

go to C:\Users\User(or your user name folder)\AppData(it's a hidden folder- enable show hidden folders)\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Peak Files (or wherever you have if go to edit>prreferences>media cache)  anf f.....  delete everything ( from the project thats having an issue) so the peaks will genereate when opened the project again correctly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah thank you i searched everywhere for a solution to this, at least someone took the time to share a fix (not you Adobe!!!).

Thx a lot man, i sweated a lot cause of this problem, like theres not enough stress already delivering an urgent project, one gotta manage with this irritating bug, man adobe really need to step their game up for real!

Thx again grand106, really appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMFG TY, this worked ty so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please give the Mac equivalent of this! PLEASE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton!! Both sides of your pillow should be cool! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha you are welcome! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to give a reply cause I've had this issue for years not frequently but when it did I was always annoyed but this fixed it so just thought I'd say thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES it works. Thank you. On a Mac the easy way is just in Premiere settings / Media Cache, and hit Delete on Remove Media Cache Files when all projects are shut.

A hammer to crack an egg maybe as every project will have to regenerate waveforms I assume,  but it's stopped the immediate frustration of not seeing audio on the timeline.

I didn't realise how much I relied on waveforms to cut dialogue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tyty!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found another work around that may help people with larger projects, as deleting the cache could be time consuming if you're dealing with hundreds of files in a project.

What I did was change the source file name slightly. In this case I added the word "new" to the file name. Premiere will then ask you to locate the file, you point it to the original file, with the updated name, and it'll re-generate the waveform.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines