• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display surface initialization failed - version 22.5 Mac

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried starting up Premiere Pro and after a long delay with the startup window sitting onscreen and nothing happening, I get an Error window that 'Display surface initialization failed' and the program shuts down.

I've tried restarting my Mac, run Clean My Mac, flushed the Mac's memory cache on another restart and still the same message comes up, after a very slow startup.

Running the latest version 22.5 on a 2019 iMac with 32GB Ram, running MacOS Monterey v12.4.

Is the only solution to uninstall Premier Pro and reinstall?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi benh16340438,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Are you using multiple monitors? Also, have you tried resetting app preferences to isolate any preference corruption issue that might be causing the app to misbehave?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

Thanks for ther reply, I'm not using multiple monitors, just the built-in 27" screen of the iMac. I've done resetting the preferences and afriad I'm still getting the same error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet, Just to clarify on resetting the app, I've tried the MacOS option of holding down Option key on startup to reset preferences and the next time after that didn't work, Option+Shift keys to reset preferences and plug-in cache, but both times I eventually get the Error message 'Display surface initialization failed'.

Are there any other solutions, I need to get Premier Pro up and running? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem Here!

I am running multiple monitors. I have uninstalled and reinstalled adobe PR. I have gone to 22.4 from 22.5 still same error. I have updated all my drivers. I have reset preferences. The only thing that works is goign into task manager and killing multiple adobe DVA 2022 processes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Premiere Pro 2022 on a Dell Precision 7010 and on Friday, July 29, I got the same error. I started Premiere Pro 3 times and shut down my computer once, after which I got the same error, and after re-opening yet again, Premiere Pro opened fine. The next few times I tried to open PP, it always first showed the Display Surface Initialization Failed error, and after trying to start the program 2 or 3 more times, it opened. I just tried again. The first time got the same error, the second it opened. CLEARLY, this is mostly a time sump irritation - as long as the program does open eventually. Any ideas what's wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines