• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Premier Pro Require a Monthly Subscription?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First post from a old retired guy that is confused.  I want to make some videos from my outdoor hobbies.  I found a few good Youtube clips showing me audio and video methods.  In one, the guy demonstrated how he tied together several videos and his audio recording using Adobe Premier Pro.  It looked like something I could handle.

When I came to the Adobe site, I was expecting to make a one time purchase of the program, and probably download it right then and there.  But I don't see that option at all.  It looks to me like I have to create a "Creative Cloud" account, and then pay at least $10 a month, or possibly more, to use Premier Pro.

Am I not understanding something?  I have Adobe Acrobat as a "stand alone" program.  Doesn't it work that way anymore?

And what's the difference between Premier Pro and Premier Pro CC?

Help would be appreciated.

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro has been a "CC" Creative Cloud program since CS6, and that was the '6' series builds. Premiere Pro CC2017 is version 11. And the CC programs are all subscription. They recently discontinued sales of CS6, which was the last single purchase version.

I think Premiere Elements might be still available for single purchase model, and it may very well handle your needs. PrPro is a vastly deeper and more complex program, Elements offers a bit more in built-in templates and auto-effects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Premiere Elements. It's a one-time purchase and does much of what you probably want to do with video editing:

Video & movie making software | Adobe Premiere Elements 15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But to answer your question, yes, Premiere Pro requires a subscription to Creative Cloud: Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

There's a single-app plan for $US 19.99/month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines