• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dolby Audio Decoder missing after Premiere CC 2018 (V12) update

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the most recent version of Premiere: CC 2018 from Creative Cloud.

When I opened a project I had been working on earlier today that has some .ac3 tracks on some of the sequences, those tracks are redded out and I now get an error message "Missing Dolby Audio Encoder." I get the same message when I try to import .ac3 files into the updated Audition program.

I have been using Premiere CC for several years, have installed all the updates & never had this problem before.

I have an individual (not Enterprise) Subscription on Windows 7.  I ran CC Cleaner Registry check after the install.  It cleared up some paths, but didn't fix this issue.

Please help.  I am up against a deadline!

Wsquared

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Adobe Creative Cloud has moved to native Operating System (OS) support for Dolby Digital decoding (reading Dolby files) and is no longer providing support for encoding (writing) Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus sound formats in the current and future releases of Creative Cloud.

Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby

Adobe recommends that you update to the latest version of your Creative Cloud softwareand updating to a more secure operating system (Windows 10 preferred). If

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 326 Replies 326
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some examples, please?

Names of plug-ins that I can export AC3 from Premiere CC 2018.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some examples, please?

Names of plug-ins that I can export AC3 from Premiere CC 2018.

TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC for Premiere Pro - Export Premiere Pro projects using the TMPGEnc H.264 en...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TMPGEnc

For $122 bucks. FML....

Adobe, remember when Apple put out FCPX and totally gobsmacked their user base and how much they lost because of it?

I thought and many others thought that you guys were going to be our dependable source of pro software. That no longer seems to be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that their recommendation is to follow the link to contact support, but the support page tells me my only support option is this forum, given I'm not spending $$$ for a paid support plan. One option would be to flood their social accounts with complaints (@AdobePremiere)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously - Tweet your complaints for the world to see @AdobePremiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in this business for decades.  Ranting about Adobe is a way of life and will have little bearing on your situation.  You can freely move to any competitor and find all kinds of the same.  This is not the first time a vendor has been forced to make changes via third party licensing, etc. our of it's control.

I'm aware that few bother to read manuals or documentation before executing an upgrade. 

Upgrade only in between projects or on a test basis with an offline.

I find it best to stick with a stable system and never upgrade or change things and run it into the ground. 

I've not logging in for almost a year.  I see that nothing has changed in the rant pen.  Not very conducive to a maintaining a positive attitude.  Back to work I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes yes. Of course you are right. Still - — and moaning is my god-given right. Why be practical and happy when I can be impractical and elevate my blood pressure?

Moderator Warning: Please do not use profanity. There are students under 18 reading here. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Including Dolby Decoder in previous versions of CC was not a freeby or a gift from Adobe.  We paid for its licensing and inclusion through our subscriptions. The code for including it has already been written and amortized. By ending it's inclusion, the portion of our subscription cost that went towards licensing it is pocketed by Adobe and goes straight to their bottom line. That's what this is all about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I am resolved that my solution to this problem is to always re-encode MTS files to MP4 using Handbrake. To be honest, I've had problems with MTS files all along in Adobe Premiere. Namely, Encoder showing "Media File Missing" when encountering MTS files unless I unchecked "Import sequences natively" in preferences. Google MTS file and you will see a bevy of complaints and bewildered users not knowing how to remedy a myriad of issues. Too bad. I love my Sony HXR-MC50U for documentary work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 not an option right now. I need Dolby Digital capability. Can using Premiere Pro CS6 do this still? I often have to use that with Encore CS6 if I need to make a disc since Adobe killed that program in CC. I'm not in the studio until tonight. Guess I'll find out then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still make dolby with Encore. Just export as wav with Pr CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But not in 5.1, unfortunately. Only in stereo. Encore does not support multichannel WAVs at all. Not even importing. The only 5.1 audio supported in Encore even for imports is AC3 (Dolby Digital) files that have already been encoded as such. If one wants to import WAVs to ENCORE, all multichannel audio must be mixed down to 2-channel stereo before doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, forgot to put in Stereo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noooo!!!!! : Adobe.

34de72e10e9a431f51fcf857b42b6c213f9aa71c786005d869fc9f75e718c58c (1).jpg

Must revert back to Premiere Pro CC 2017 I must!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, yo he tenido el mismo problema al actualizar a Premiere 2018, así que me ví obligado a instalar Windows 10. Mi sorpresa viene cuando después de instalar Windows 10 y reinstalar el Premiere me sigue sin funcionar. Tras probar varias soluciones, entré en las preferencias de audio de Premiere y abajo del todo, donde aparece un apartado que se llama "administrador de plugins de audio" y borré los plugins de audio que tenía instalados. Y entonces funcionó, ahora si me reconoce el audio de archivos .MTS

Por cierto, Adobe cada vez peor, no contento con quitar cada vez más efectos y transiciones ahora nos hace perder el tiempo con estos problemas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have had the same problem when upgrading to Premiere 2018, so I was forced to install Windows 10. My surprise comes when after installing Windows 10 and reinstalling Premiere still does not work. After trying out various solutions, I went into the Premiere and below audio preferences, where a section called "audio plugin manager" appears and I deleted the audio plugins I had installed. And then it worked, now if I recognize the audio of .MTS files
By the way, Adobe getting worse, not content with removing more and more effects and transitions now makes us waste time with these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are countless companies around the country who still use Win 7. It seems arrogant to think otherwise Adobe. Why implement a devastating update that renders these companies invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having! Please see and read through this thread:

Dolby Digital

Hope some of the possible solutions suggested there can help folks here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An easy way to deal with the problem is to convert your files to another format using something like Handbrake and re-import them.
Takes a few minutes and your done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes that would be an easy way out and no you are also converting the video.

So I would stick to just using the audio from Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake is what my IT did. I'm back at my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did installing Handbrake allow you to edit in Premiere, or did you have to use Handbrake to reformat (encode the video in a different format) before you could edit in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too got the upgrade but as I was to hit the upgrade it said " This update does not contain fixes or stability performance and is not recommended  if you have a build of premiere pro CC 2017 installed. This version removes Dolby audio format support.

I can only assume not everyone received this message along with the update notification..

I won't be updating  ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my vote that this has been a super bad experience.

Instead of finishing a project today that would have taken me at most 30 minutes, I have spent half the day troubleshooting, finding out what's wrong and now having to give up or start my project from scratch? Who is going to pay for my time that I have lost now? Why am I paying for this again, just unacceptable. not that you care Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I was experiencing the same problem. I reverted back to Premiere 2017, opened a previous project and started a new project with footage that wasn't working in 2018, and all is working fine now. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines