• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop not working in premiere pro 2022

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i try to drag and drop a  clip in taskbar in premiere pro , it pins the clip to premiere pro , it didnt happen in pp 2021 but when i updated to 2022 it started happening and it only happens when i dag and drop clips through taskbar . i have provided the screenshot below.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never tried doing that before, but yes, it's the same here: dragging a clip to premiere pro's icon in the taskbar pins it to premiere pro. Actually, dragging a clip to any other program's icon does the same behavior, so maybe it's related to a recent windows update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt happen in after the effects and in pp2021 . Only in pp2022 . I have alot of soundeffects on my desktop that i need to use through drag and drop into taskbar then into bin but whenever i do that it pins my clip and doesnt let me drop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's not working for you, try my way: while dragging sound effects, press alt then press tab while alt still pressed until premiere pro is selected then drag your sound effects directly into the destination bin. It may look slower, but it's actually faster, because you don't have to drag your files precisely to the taskbar and wait for Pr interface to show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn its better . Thanks bro 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, glad it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Ali , your suggestion worked seamlessly for a few days but now it doesnt even let me drop through alt and tab aswell . the program let me drag n drop ( both ways through drag drop through alt tab and taskbar ) only for 2 clips and after that it doesnt work either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Media Browser for importing clip. That is what it is designed for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its way more time consuming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used this method for so many years and it still working, so I can't figure really what's happening on your side 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines