• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag Digital Juice audio layers into separate tracks in premiere

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Digital Juice audio tracks which give us the ability to use the separate audio layers of sounds for each instrument.

Is there a way to grab multiple audio tracks from the bin and drop them onto my sequence on separate audio tracks instead of sequentially adding them into one audio track?

some of the songs we use might have over 10 instrument layers and it's very tedious to drag every one of them into 10 tracks when I could just highlight them all and drop them into multiple tracks at once.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Audio Mapping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should i use audio mapping?

I am familiar with the function as we use it to map MXF files which have 8-12 mono audio "tracks" in the files and i use that to remap them into stereo tracks for editing on some projects when we import them.

Does it have a function to accomplish what i am looking for? please let me know as I don't see anything i can figure out on my own.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note on terminology, your audio files are called clips.  Tracks are the part of the sequence you place the clips onto.

You drag clips from the bin and place them onto tracks.  You can't drag tracks anywhere in PP.

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Audio in Premiere Pro CC - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course i understand the premiere terminology as i have used it for about 20 years now. That is not important and irrelevant to the issue. Digital Juice calls their audio tracks "audio tracks" and that is the product i am referring to so that is why i used that terminology.

My title of my post is still accurate as i want to drag the "digital juice audio layers" into "tracks" in premiere which is accurate. I could use all kinds of different terms to describe them as they also call them "traxx" or "stack traxx"  I could also call them files or wave files or .wav files as those are all more accurate ways of describing the content i'm dealing with. premiere just likes to call everything in the bin a "clip" even though everyone in the industry has used the term audio track for decades. It just isn't a big deal or important in any way to solving my issue.

Aside from all of that, you are one of the most experienced premiere users ever and most active users in the history of this forum. If you don't know how to do this then it is probably hopeless and we would need to make this a feature request as this feature of multi layered audio tracks has become very popular in recent years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand the premiere terminology as i have used it for about 20 years now. That is not important and irrelevant to the issue.

I bring it up only because your post didn't make any sense at first glance.  Took me a bit to parse it out.

It's been a while since I've seen the tutorial I linked to above, but if memory serves, it does go over how to use audio mapping, which should allow you to get each channel of an audio clip onto it's own track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim_Simon  wrote

i understand the premiere terminology as i have used it for about 20 years now. That is not important and irrelevant to the issue.

I bring it up only because your post didn't make any sense at first glance.  Took me a bit to parse it out.

It's been a while since I've seen the tutorial I linked to above, but if memory serves, it does go over how to use audio mapping, which should allow you to get each channel of an audio clip onto it's own track.

Alas a picture is worth a thousand words....

I'm sorry this is confusing there are so many different terms for these things. What i have is a song that is broken up into its individual musical instruments, they are separate "clips" "tracks" "instruments" "sounds" "files" or whatever you would like to call them.

When you grab multiple clips in the bin and drop them into the timeline it places them sequentially into a single "track" in your sequence.  I would like the ability to drag them to separate tracks for each clip. so we dont have to do every one manually which is very tedious and time consuming.

audiolayers1.png

this is what happens when you drag those 10 clips into your sequence.

audiolayers2.png

This is what we want to happen. they are sounds that comprise a single song. and now you can control the individual aspects of the instruments as you need to tailor it for your particular project.

To my knowledge the audio mapping process is only for mapping multiple audio channels in a file into tracks on premiere. this is not the case in my situation as my content is all stereo wave files.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is confusing

That's where proper terminology helps.

Now that we have it, what you want isn't possible.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines