• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing iphone 6 footage in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can someone please walk me through the best way to import and edit iphone 6 footage in Premiere Pro?

My issue is that the video and audio are out of sync.

The basic fix is to change the frame rate to "constant" before importing to Premiere.

However...

Here's what I've tried and here are my issues.

1. So firstly, here's what I do, I open "Photos" on my Mac, import the video and then drag that file onto my computer.

2. If I take that file directly into Premiere, the video and audio are out of sync after about 2 minutes.

3. So I try Handbrake and apply Constant Frame Rate. Handbrake does weird things to my video like changing the aspect ratio, and there is no way for me to undo this in the Picture settings.

4. I try MPEG Streamclip. Sort of works, but even at 80 percent quality, it lowers the resolution and increases the file size from 1G to 6G! Also changes the coloring a bit.

I've been dealing with this for a while and scrolling through all the help sections and not finding a solution. Please help!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Common issue with phone footage (and webcam, screencapture).

Convert with HandBrake to constant framerate before importing into Premiere

Select the file via Finder. Try to avoid other programs for importing or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Common issue with phone footage (and webcam, screencapture).

Convert with HandBrake to constant framerate before importing into Premiere

Select the file via Finder. Try to avoid other programs for importing or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Still having trouble with Handbrake, but I'll make that a separate post.

Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lucas,

You might try using a different video camera application. I've been shooting with Filmic Pro with the iPhone 6S Plus. Great results when shooting 1080. Shooting 4K? If you capture in short bursts, you'll be OK.

Either way, you won't have to transcode to get sync.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm ... that link does look interesting. Thanks for posting it, Kevin ... does that record the phone footage in CFR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to so far, except when you are trying to push too much data beyond the normal capabilities of a device, even a powerful iPhone 6S plus has its limits. For me, that's good enough.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man!

I'm gonna look into that. I think it will help with my next little shoot. So you're saying the size of the files/footage is huge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucas,

I'm gonna look into that. I think it will help with my next little shoot. So you're saying the size of the files/footage is huge?

Yes, the file sizes are quite large. If you do a lot of shooting, make sure that you can offload the clips if you don't have much storage on your phone.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got me intrigued, Kevin. Think I'm gonna have to try that out ... the Samsung S7 I've got has a vastly better cam than my ol' S4. Maybe it's worth seeing what it can truly do. And I do have a second chip with 16GB space besides the 'base' chip of 16Gb. So I can do some shooting with larger file sizes.

Biggest complaint with my phone footage right now is it applies color corrections that are not ... well, what I'd choose, WAY too saturated among others ... and way too much sharpening. Being able to control that would be fab. Could actually see what this thing can do.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have thoughts on using Eyeframe Converter instead of handbrake? Eyeframe will convert the .mov iphone files to MPEG2, and it will also change the frame rate to a constant one (29.97).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also came across this sync problem today. I was attempting to import and edit an m4v iPhone file into Premier Pro. I seem to have fixed the issue by opening finder (MAC), and locating the file you wish to import. Copy the file. Double click the copied file and change the extension to .mov, you may also want to change the filename, then click enter to save the new file ext. Then import the .mov file into premier pro. Plays perfectly, with no sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar problem then I thought about updating my iOS but upon updating I faced a problem called  iPhone Error 4013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines