• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing One Project Changed Another

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to premiere pro - I have completed only 2 edits. 

When I finished my first edit, I exported and then exited the project.

I selected "create new project" and began editing my second video. Finished, exported, and exited.

Then I reopened my first edit, but the sequence was gone and was replaced with the edit for project #2. 

Why did this happen? Has anyone else encountered?

I opened a support chat but was told I should post here because they have never heard of this problem.

*also, when I tried opening both edits again today - ALL content was gone. I was able to get the timeline/sequence back from opening the autosave, but if you have any tips for that NOT happening again I would appreciate them.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*** Addition:

I just created a 3rd project and have not even added media yet - BUT THE SEQUENCE FOR EDIT #2 IS IN THE TIMELINE. I am SO frustrated - I don't understand why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Peru. This sounds like you aren't actually closing your Projects and have multiple open. You also need to understand what a Sequence is and how to open/close it. This seems to be one of the number one points of confusion for newcomers to Premiere.

In case you're not familiar:

The Premiere Pro Project File does not dictate anything about the settings of your video. It's basically just a container that holds media, including your Sequences. You will see the Panel called "Project: " with your video name next to it. That is where you import your media, what holds your sequences, etc.

Sequences are the things that actually hold your edits. Sequences open up in the Timeline Panel where you can see your editing. You can have as many sequences as you want inside of a single Project, and you can open multiple sequences simultaneously in the Timeline Panel kind of like tabs in a web-browser. If you close a sequence from the Timeline Panel it's not gone. You just have to reopen it from the Project Panel by double clicking on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have more than one project open at a time and it can be difficult to tell which timeline you are actually editing.

I think you have multiple projects open at once.

Make sure to completely close Premiere Pro so all projects are closed and then open only one at a time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/using/multiple-open-projects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines