• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing with Premiere Pro on the M1 Mac Mini

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's Roger Seng's video on editing with Premiere Pro and the M1 Mac Mini. 

The review starts around 5 minute in. Prior to that, he talks about editing off of attached SSDs vs. the internal SSD.

Thanks,
Kevin

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to replace my 3-year-old Macbook Pro with the new 16" version. I'm a beginner-intermediate editor and I've looked at the video above. Is it advisable to wait until the m1 is available on the Macbook Pro or go with the ones with the Intel chips? Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your existing MacBook Pro is not that old ... I'd wait, though it could be a while (i.e a year!? or not:) before we have high end MacBook Pros with M1 variants. 

Of course I did not follow that advice and just recently purchased a 16" MBP, but then my work depends on it.

But seriously - your existing machine should be fine for your needs for the forseeable future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It seems to be a little more sluggish - I keep getting the dreaded circular kaleidoscope, but I probably need a cleanup. Appreciate your thoughts. 

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always love to have the latest and greatest but also like to get 3 years 'return on investment' if possible. Going with an Intel Mac now was a hard call as I suspect I'll be upgrading again in 2022. In my case it was necessary for now.

If the Apple switch to 'M' variant processors follows what I think will happen then we'll see 'pro' level machines this year and possibly the entire Mac lineup to 'M' variants by early to mid 2022.

Of course we are yet to see what a high end Apple GPU can do or if they continue to use AMD GPUs (I think this is unlikely) ... and also how Adobe handle the switch. I was very pleasantly surprised by the speed that Adobe responded with M1 Betas for Photoshop and Premiere Pro  and I think this augurs well for the future.

You mention some sluggishness with your 3 year old machine. The question is - does this absolutely affect your ability to edit now or is it something you can manage and save $3-4K. Cost of equipment (particularly if YOU are paying for it) should be paid for by your current workload. i.e. if you have enough work in the next 3 months to amortise the cost then go for it. If not, hang with what you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - What is the monitor you are using with your Mac Mini?  Are you happy with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines