• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effect controls deselects when changing motion parameters

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, for months now I have had an issue with premiere that happens specifically when I work in a nested clip that has had multicam enabled and hope somebody has a fix for this.

How to create the error:

Clip 1 on track v1

Clip 2 on track v2

Select both ->  right click -> nest sequence -> enable multicam

Open the multicam sequence created -> select any of the 2 clips -> effects control / motion -> change any parameter (position/scale/rotation/anchor point...) for example: position from 960 to 961 -> press enter or just select another parameter.

Error appears

The clip gets deselected, you are not in the effects control anymore and you have to reselect the clip -> motion -> do other adjustments.

This is a very tedious and painful process I have to go through in cases where reframing or repositioning of clips needs to be done, has any of you encountered the same issue?

Attaching a screen recording to show you all in the hope to find a solution to this. 🙂

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

This helped as well. Thank you!

You know what else is wild? Leaving your effect controls panel open and visible as a panel will actually make Premiere Run slower, way slower for me at least, but when you don't make it visible as a panel, It runs smooth like it should as I have a decent setup for my workflow.

I've tested this on both Mac and PC, with different versions of PP and Operating systems within Windows and Mac over several years and those "hacks" work for both.

So there are common glitches

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m unfortunately not able to do that, I get the error that I can`t move nor delete that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new project and import this one: see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is an issue I have with EVERY single Multicam project I work with, doesn`t matter if I import it in a new one, I had already tried that 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting up multicam from the project window instead of in the timeline.

Create and edit a multi-camera sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had this same problem for years, lost too many hours to count fighting this glitch. However, I just found a strange "hack" that seems to have got rid of it.

Close the 'Source Monitor'. 

This stops it from being able to jump over to the Source Monitor and keeps the Effects Control active.

2023-06-14 12_15_28-Effect controls deselects when changing motion par... - Adobe Support Community .jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an interesting hack! Thanks.

Does this solve your issue, @Alessio Attanasio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped as well. Thank you!

You know what else is wild? Leaving your effect controls panel open and visible as a panel will actually make Premiere Run slower, way slower for me at least, but when you don't make it visible as a panel, It runs smooth like it should as I have a decent setup for my workflow.

I've tested this on both Mac and PC, with different versions of PP and Operating systems within Windows and Mac over several years and those "hacks" work for both.

So there are common glitches with the effect controls panel that's really screwing up Premiere. That's something Adobe should be aware of. @Ann Bens @Richard van den Boogaard 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MikeNuvia To make things clear, we are not from Adobe, we are users just like you.

But I can concur if closing Effect Controls timeline (not entire panel) Premiere runs smooth.

Made a bugreport about this some time ago in beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I solved that problem, then I upgraded the OS and now Premiere is laggy again, and it has to do with the external monitors and premiere as others have posted. I loved adobe, and now I hate them again. Like how is this a widespread problem that still hasn't been fixed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines