Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding frozen at 100%

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I`ve been trying to export this 9 minutes  4k clip but it remains stuck for ages at 100%.

I have tried different things suggested : filled gaps, kept pressed shift to chnge preferences, etc... Nothing happens! Do you have any suggest?

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi riccardor,

Sorry. Can you give us more info on your system, sequence settings, export settings, and source media?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

system is Windows 10, source media is rawfile. Export settings 3840x2160,25fps

Audio AAC, 48hz. Format mp4

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU Intel 360 HD graphic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"stuck for ages" isn't very specific. And your system specs are also lacking almost all crucial information.

To your problem:

With some settings the encoder first creates separate video and audio streams and then proceeds to combine them into one file. After that another file is created (i don't know the purpose of that) and during all that time the encoder just "idles" at 100%. If you are lucky, you can see the progress in the output folder (files growing in size).

You can speed up the progress by creating smaller files (presumably not an option) or exporting to a local ssd instead of a network Storage. Maybe you can try different encoder settings. Some settings (afaik) create the mp4-file directly and don't idle at 100% at all.

I don't think a better CPU/GPU will speed up that progress. Maybe more RAM helps. But mist definitely a fast destination drive is very reommended. I haven't figured out yet, what option triggers this behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

"Stuck for ages" means it remains 100% and nothing happens. I can`t see any change in file size. Smaller files aren`t an option as I want the best quality. It changes when I create a project in Dektop and when the destination file is in "Docuements." However, the final file plays only with VLC and not with the Windows Media Player: I don`t know if this is an indicator that something is wrong with the file. But it seems working better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "afaik" setting mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "afaik" setting mean?

By @riccardor88384511

As Far As I Know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know why the files don't play in WMP. But you only said that you create mp4-files. That could be anything. mp4 is just a container that generally tells you that it's probably some video file. The important part is the codec and the encoder settings you used.

Try different presets (even if they don't give you the best qualtiy). Make some basic troubleshooting to find out what may cause your problem.

AND:

I don't know what you mean by "when I create a project in Dektop". Usually files saved on your Desktop or in your Documents folder are physically saved on your main drive (C:). That's hopefully an sdd. Where do you save your project files? Where do you encode to? A network drive? USB Storage??? Don't! It's way to slow. Preferably use the fastest possible drive you have on your PC.

You have an "Intel 360 HD" GPU. That's 5 year old 7th-gen Intel hardware. Lowest end on Adobe's system requirements for 4K editing. Wouldn't expect highest performance with this. If you aren't on a laptop i'd strongly suggest to get a decent GPU to spped things up a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot of the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Handbrake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Shutter Encoder may also be used to convert to Constant Frame Rate:
https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello ,

this is the screenshot

riccardor88384511_1-1657923397954.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines