• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ENCORE CS5 'FREEZES' WHEN TRANSCODING

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have built a project (3.75 minutes) in PremierePpro CS5, consisting of AVCHD, stills, and audio tracks. It plays correctly in that application. I then use 'dynamic link' to send to Encore  CS5 - that seems Ok. However, when building (for DVD) the project (and other similar) appear to get about 3/4 way through (according to the progress bar) then 'freeze'. On cancelling, I get the message 'encore not responsing', followed by 'premiere pro not responding'. Ive tried other methods of getting the project into Encore, but the results are the same.

Any ideas?

System W7 64; Processor: I7 980X Extreme 6 core 3.33hgz; 12MB DD3 ram; SSD 240 GB (4 in raid 0) - 50% of drive space available. Memory usage set to 'performance'.

Les

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to say that was not a simple answer to this problem. This app remains capable of simply going idle, without any error indication, and with no particularly repeatable pattern. The system I'm using is a modern, full powered system, dedicated specifically to this suite. It may be that I'm among the few that are generally working on projects that are in the 1 hour range. I would like to see development completed on this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd check in to see if there have been any updates to what appears to be a fundemental flaw in Encore, (CS5 in this instance). As I've described, at random intervals, Encore will simply turn idle, on projects, but then work on the 4th or 5th try. Each time is terribly time consuming as it doesn't even become apparent that it's hung until an hour or more into the process, and it takes several tries. Again, the strangest part is, there's no error, and not even a no response condition. All that happens is that all 8 cores just flatline, sitting practically at 0% while I'm tying to encode an hour long video. It seems that, at a minimum, until this bug can be identified, there could be a proofing pass that would at least validate that there are none of the conditions that have been listed as suspects by the above advisors. It appears to not be related to any data conditions however, as it will eventually work on the same project, after enough BD-ROM disable/enabling, and rebooting. How can professionals use this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never experienced what you describe. CS5 (not CS5.5/5.1).

I missed it somewhere as I read through: you experience this while transcoding, using transcode now, not while building, correct?

If you transcode prior to Encore what happens when you build?

Have you tried setting preferences so you transcode through AME rather than Encore?

I apologize for missing any answsers to these earlier in the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2011 Oct 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can encode just fine in AME. The problem is clearly in Encore. If I'm able to spend literally all night on it, I can often get it to work after some indeterminate set of disabling and reenabling my BR-RW device, and rebooting. But my last build, though it produces an AVI well enough in AME, has yet to get through an Encore session without just going to sleep as described above, (zero CPU usage, but still listed as running). I gather this has happened to others. It's happening again as I'm writing. I considered the possibility that my NAS wasn't responding fast enough, so I copied all the project files to a new USB3 drive, but that's what's  sitting there now. I can consider some problem with the BDRW to be the culprit, but a) it works just fine with Nero, and b) even if the DVD burner wasn't responding for some reason, it's a software bug if it can't report that. This problem has been around for years. If no one's planning to fix this, Encore should come with a major disclaimer, or just get replaced by a partnership with Vegas or Nero, or some other package that works. I'm fed up with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines