• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entire monitor/display goes black randomly during playback

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to PP 2022, and when I use either playback window, my entire monitor/display will randomly go black for a few seconds during playback, randomly off and on, off and on. Super annoying!

Here are my system settings:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

Windows 11

Interstingly... when I tried to record my screen showing how it goes back, the recording comes out looking fine with no blackouts. So obviously a monitor/display issue here. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Help>System Compatibility Report. Is there anything in there?

What GFX card are you using, and what driver? You may need to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- no report under system compability

- the display adaptor is an Intel(R) UHD Graphics

- I updated everything within Windows 11 and the advanced driver updates as well within Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ck rocks,

The viewers randomly going black is probably related to your GPU tanking.

Next time it happens, go to File->Project Settings->General->Renderer: Software Only

and see if it comes back. And "Intel(R) UHD Graphics" is hopefully not your graphics card...this is the integrated graphics adpter on your CPU, and if this is all you have used so far, I commend you, sir.

Push the windows button on your keyboard. type 'device manager', look under 'Display Adaptors'...

If you only see your Intel(R) UHD Graphics there, install the drivers for your graphcis card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ignore the first half of my response as it doesn't really apply in this circumstance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly enough, when I went to "File->Project Settings->General->Renderer: Software Only" and made that adjustment, it stopped going black. But when I switched it back to the OPEN CL option, it was fine with no blacking out. Weird... I'll keep everyone updated if I continue to have problems or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update: Now my entire display goes black regardless of playback or not. It's happening even if I'm using the Effects Controls and doing basic stuff like that. I had zero issues before with Windows 10 and PP 2021. So I don't know if it's PP 2021 creating the problem or Windows 11. I appreciate any help I can get because this is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get those also. I think mine's in the gtx1070 or the cables. I purchased I high end cable for one of my monitors and then I hardly got the error since, so I never installed it. Lately it's been doing it perhaps a bit more. I need to vacuum / clean inside my computer soon, will probably replace it then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC is an all-in-one so no additional monitors or cables. However, thank you for throwing that out as a possible issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ck_rocks, please confirm that you do own a graphics card...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can see under "display adaptor" is Intel(R) UHD Graphics. Is there a different place to find that info? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ck_rocks, it appears you do not own a dedicated graphics card. For working properly in PPro, you certainly need one. I'd say those blackouts are a sign of your system being absolutely overwhelmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally had ZERO issues before using PPro and was fine for a few weeks with the latest update, and I watch the task manager in action and nothing is tanking. Oddly, if I maximize the PPro window, I have issues. If I ever so slightly make the window smaller, even just barely by a quarter inch, I have zero issues again. I'm beginning to wonder if either the recent Windows 11 update or the recent PPro update didn't sync well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issues as you. I have nothing to offer except the fact that you're not alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am havin the same issuyes with tghe monitor going black during playback on the same computer it has been working on for a couple years with no issue. The audio continues with ni issue and when I export to the media encoder, the resulting video is clean, no video issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am thinking of going back a couple versions. I never had problems with PmPro until recently, all of the same computer and hardware. The playback thing is making getting a video out a time consuming ordeal. I am hoping going back a few versions will get me running again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines