• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Your system hardware does not support hardware acceleration for the current settings.

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Premiere Pro to 14.2 and I get this notification when I want to select hardware acceleration. I could be wrong but I was under the impression that we would be able to use hardware acceleration for any and all exports. I didnt realize that we would be limited in what export settings are allowed to use hardware acceleration. Am I missing something? Is my graphics card not able to support the full features of the latest update?

System Details:

Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2018)

Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9

Memory: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

No hardware encoder currently supports VBR 2-pass at all. Only CBR and VBR 1-pass are supported at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No hardware encoder currently supports VBR 2-pass at all. Only CBR and VBR 1-pass are supported at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answers it!

Will there be any support in the future? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't usually announce new features until they are released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I found this strange, I use VBR 2 on my RTX 2060 OC minimum 30 and MAX 30 of BITRATE and out of nowhere this happened, I can't do it after it updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, i have rendered so many videoes in v-pass 2 and used Hardware acceleration! I even sold my macbook pro 16 inch top of the line because i thought it was the macbook. It turns out even with the same setup i had before (AMD 3800X with a MSI 2070 super, 16 g RAM 3600 mhz) I still get the message and can't render it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of an app that does accelerated 2-pass encoding. Might be one, but I've not heard of any that do. RJL would have the data on that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It also doesn't support interlaced footage FYI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines