Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export audio settings

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I need your advice about Audio export settings.

I have to export the audio in my sequence in otder to do the post-production on it. So it will be exported and then re-imported with all the effects. My question is : what`s the best format to export audio at this stage? AIFF or WAV?

Thank you very much!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask the PP-house which they prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don`t get it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're exporting to send to another facility work work, a post-house, then check with them for what they would want to get. Many work in ProTools and will have specific requests such as an AIFF along with perhaps dupes of the original files or ... whatever they want.

If you're going outside Premiere yourself, there's of course the "send sequence to Audition" option in Premiere. Adobe's Audition is a pretty capable DAW and of course integrates with Premiere fairly easily.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

generally as far as audio 'formats' go, either WAV or AIFF are fine - if you are just sending flattened audio from your sequence. But usually the audio person would prefer the entire audio edit from your project. In that case you would export AAF or OMF. Both these have many options and as Ann & Neil suggest it's important to ask what they want/need. 

They may also want a video export of your sequence (maybe with burnt in time code) as a reference - again they may have specific preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a personal movie and no post-house is involved (it`s a short-movie.) I just wanted to know what is the best format that maintains a high standard without any loss in terms of quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`ve been doing my audio post in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, when talking about post production there is usually a 3rd party software or editor involved..

But you want it to do your self in Premiere.

Why export your audio from Premiere, and bring it back into Premiere for SFX?

Why do you want to do that. Seem a bit off to me.

Edit directly on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Ann notes, do it within Premiere, the tools aren't bad.

Or use the option to "send sequence to Audition", Adobe's DAW. Digital audio workstation.

It's a separate app available through standard CC subscriptions that is the most complete audio tool for audio/video production to match Premiere. All of the in-Premiere audio tools come from the Audition developer's team btw.

There are some slicker things you can do in Audtion, but then, it also takes learning some things about another app. It does 'dovetail' directly with Premiere rather easily ... once you know what their terminology means in practical application.

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines