• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export error compiling movie disk full

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting an error message when trying to export my project out of premier. The rendering progresses to about 50% then the error message appears. I know I have enough disk space as i have tried exporting to several different places, all that have more than enough space. I was able to successfully export the project once as a rough cut but after making changes have not been able to export it. The only major change from the original export is that i applied warp stabilizer to several clips. There seems to be one clip that is causing the prolem. I am able to export clips before and after the clip in question but if i try to export this clip, the progress bar does not show and change even if I let it render for a whole day. Ive tried removing the warp stabilizer from the clip, changing export settings, deleting and adding the clip back to the sequence, and opening the sequence in a new project but nothing has worked. Short of scrapping the whole project and starting from scratch I dont know what else to do. Help!

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

AKG24,

Sorry. The error at the top of the dialog box indicates the disk is full. Error code: 4 is a "Disk Full" error. My diagnosis is that there is an issue with the disks and that Premiere Pro seems to think that the one selected for export is full. I hope you solved your issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to fix issues that cause errors when rendering or exporting

Exporting a file means it needs minimal twice the space on a disk.

A disk should not be filled more then 75%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere often needs 4-5 times the "end" size of the file free on disc to be able to complete an export. So if this is going to be say a 1.1 Gb final file, you would need at least 5Gb free on the disc before exporting.

As a minimum.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have close to 200GB of storage available, Project size is 184MB and the estimated export size is 6GB so I should have plenty of storage space. Any other troubleshooting suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what was previously said, you need to have enough free space on your operating system disk in order for the system and applications to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that storage available after accounting for project size and everything? It's the total free versus expected file-size that I'm asking about.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an external drive that has a total free memory of 244 GB. The expected file size after exportation is about 6000 MB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I would go towards that one clip being an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the clip being an issue. Or Premiere's database is the one with the problem.

Occasionally the cache files or database itself gets wonky. The first thing to figure out where your cache and cache database files are stored from your Preferences panel. Close Premiere, go to those in Finder or Explorer and delete everything in the folders.

Reboot the launch Premiere and see if you still have that issue.

Then, "cut" that clip from the project, save and close. Reopen, and re-import the clip into the project. Do your warp work, and see if it works.

The Warp effect is built to handle short clips. Longer ones can tax the hardware and software.

Treat Warp like you treat Dynamic Link comps from After Effects; when you have either the Warp settings or the comp to where they're "done," export/render a clip in your chosen "digital intermediate" format, something like Cineform, ProRes 422, or DNxHD/R, and replace the clip on the sequence with the fully rendered new media.

Then when it's time to export your deliverable, that export is much faster as it doesn't have to compute the Warp or the Comp. And ... you get fewer issues with exports failing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, it has been very helpful. So, I was finally able to export the whole project but I think you are right, warp stabilizer is causing export to fail because when I export the project I am not able to open it with any media player (windows or VLC). So my next plan is to do as you suggested and export the clips that have warp stabilizer into a digital intermediate. Im not very familiar with these digital intermediate forms, so my question is: is there one you recommend over others, I know it depends on what I plan on using my final project for so heres a quick synopsis: Project is a recording of a wedding and it will only be used as a personal wedding video for the bride and groom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How full is your system drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that, I would say basic Cineform or ProRes422 or Lt would work fine as a DI file. Export those clips with "import into project" clicked in that group of items just above the Export/Queue buttons.

Then replace the clips in the sequence with those new files, save, and try another export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have replaced the clips that had warp stabilizer applied to them and I tried exporting the entire project. I am still getting the same error that neither my windows player or VCL can play the clip. The audio exports as a separate MP4 file and will play audio if opened but no video to go along with it. Im exporting the project H.264 format which Ive used successfully in the past. Any thoughts?

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps try turning off Hardware processing in the Preferences.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will ask again: how full is your system drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 112 GB free of 237 GB total

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 112 GB free of 237 GB total

You may need a larger system drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AKG24,

Sorry. The error at the top of the dialog box indicates the disk is full. Error code: 4 is a "Disk Full" error. My diagnosis is that there is an issue with the disks and that Premiere Pro seems to think that the one selected for export is full. I hope you solved your issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines