• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export freezing on Premiere Pro 2022.3. (MacOS)

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-opened an old project on the most recent update of Premiere Pro, and am having a terrible time exporting it. The basic problem is: Both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder freeze at exactly the same frame during the export, and need to be force-quit. It's 100% repeatable.

The frame on which it freezes is the frame before the start of a third-party transition (BCC Cross Melt), but that exact same transition is used throughout the movie, and prior instances of it are exported correctly.

I have, so far, tried exporting a small range around the problematic area, and that works fine. I have also deleted and reapplied the transition at that cut point, and that does not solve the problem.

Thoughts on next steps for troubleshooting?

[Edited version typo:mod]

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried clearing the plug-in cache; that also did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Xofp. As long as you meet system requirements, I would try reinstalling the plug-ins.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be plug-in related. I tried a different movie, of approximately the same place, with the same source type and export present, and it froze at nearly (but not exactly) the same time position in the export. The freeze position in the second movie was in the middle of a clip, and the only effect applied to that clip was Lumetri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I'm not sure if it's the new update but when I export it always freezes at the same place. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It worked last week and now this new update so many things are different. This is the worst problem though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im just trying to export an mp3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this problem is 100% reproducible. It happens on several different movies, always around the 34 minute mark. It happens regardless of the specifics of the output setting (although it's always been ProRes), and with different source clip types (Canon, RED, although all 4K).

If I output around the point at which the freeze occurs, that works properly; it only happens if I'm outputting the entire timeline.

I've tried outputting HD footage, and that seems to work properly, even with the same output preset as above.

The symptom is the same: Media Encoder just stops, and requires a force quit to exit.

At this point, I can't output a movie. This is kind of a disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me. Any video export longer than 30 minutes. Always around the 30 minute mark. Whether I export with Premiere or Media Encoder. And I've tried CBR/VBR, Hardware/Software Encoding. Cleared cache.

Happened on three separate projects, all of which were created after the update.

My only fix has been to split the timeline, export the two halves, then import the exports and export them together, which is a nightmare for workflow and quality of final export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've even tried exporting on a different machine. 100% reproducible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe, and they said it was a known bug in 22.3, which they are working to fix. In the meantime, they suggested downgrading back to 22.2, which I did, and the problem went away. So, I guess all of us 4K ProRes people are stuck on 22.2 at the moment…

The downgrade was easy enough, although I did lose my export presets.

Here's hoping a 22.3.1 that fixes the problem comes out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing. They also had Lightroom Classic problems with the new upgrade and offered the same "downgrading" advice. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say that Adobe's Q&A did not cover themselves in glory with 22.3. In their defense, I know a little bit about what it takes to even build CC apps now, and I'm amazed that anything ever works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed...it's a tough job. 

I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the fact that it's a paid service and I've already wasted about a dozen hours on the newly introduced bugs 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll likely be downgrading Premiere in a few minutes....trying a few things first.

I've never been displeased with their updates, but this round has been abysmal due to bugs and poor interface designs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New versions of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop have dropped (22.3.1), so here's hoping we get a new Premiere and Media Encoder sometime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they don't mess with Media Encoder until they resolve the Premiere issues, though....and please I hope they don't mess with ME's export options menu like they did with Premiere. It's awful lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it have killed them to have the ability to set a default export preset? That's really all I want for Christmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xofp,

Sorry for all the frustration with this bug. One of the product managers just wrote an article about a serious bug, which sounds similar to what you've experienced. Here is the article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/known-issue-premiere-pro-stops-playback-at-a...

Kudos to my colleagues in support for detecting this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A temporary solution is to move entire timeline past 35 min and export.That works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I'm wondering if somehow some frame counter got accidentally set to being a 16-bit integer…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issues on Windows....plenty of resources and drive space here. My vid just locks up on export.........and I needed it to have finished rendering by this morning.  Oh well 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, i downgrade and problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this issue a few days ago with two projects. I could export a video once but never again. Clearing media cache wasn't working, nor was using "software only" to export.

One thing that did work was making a new project with the current version on another directory. So most of mine were on the C drive and I moved the new one to D. Same project that was giving me issues exported cleanly. After that, however, trying to do the same thing from that directory caused a crash.

Hopefully that helps in the short-term, because the only other solution was reverting back to the old version, but I'm mostly commenting on this so Adobe sees it's a real problem. It's baffling how these things don't get tested thoroughly enough or how often they simply tell us to fix it for ourselves through a number of convoluted steps.

All in all it seems like a new version issue with cache files, but it doesn't always let you "delete all" from the program so it makes finding a solution difficult.

Hope this helps, though, and hopefully they fix the new version into something worth paying money for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines