Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export stuck at random percentage

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a big problem with my exports for a few days and nothing seems to be explainable...
On different projects, my exports are frozen at a random percentage.

I changed my pc projects, all with good components (3070 and 3080) and nothing changes, renderings is kinda stuck (at different percentages). I updated my drivers, deleted my effects, switched to gaming and studio mode in Nvidia and nothing changed..

I admit to being desperate and losing patience...

Does anyone have a possible solution to this kind of bug ?

Hope someone can help me,

Have a nice day,

Mateo

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention :

- I have already tried to copy/paste in a new seq the whole projet

- Update Plugin

- Export with media encoder

- One of my pc spec : (3080 GPU, 64gb ram, Ryzen 5900x)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a possible solution to this kind of bug ?

By @Matéo27276833xonc

I had this happenig some years ago and it turned out to be the MPEG2 Exporter that was the issue.

What happens if you change exporter and export to QuickTime > Apple ProRes?

You don´t provide any details about media used, settings, export settings so for now everyone can just guess. More details is required to go any further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the answer.

I already try to export the project with Apple ProRes, it works but not completely. The whole project can't be exported, but if I make like 10 parts of 2min and then re-export everything in a single file, it works. Only downside is that the renderings weigh extremely heavy (120gb for 10min) and it takes a lot of time...

I have different source media on which I have this kind of problem, 4k files in "mov" from an Iphone, HD files in "mp4" from a Twitch Live, in fact the source files are very different and as the errors persist I think it does not does not come from the sources.
On the export setting side, I mainly use the "source correspondence" function with the H264 format, checking "use preview" to save time. I also tested with "match sequence preview settings" and it doesn't work any better...

When I reread my message I have the impression that my problem is not solvable it depresses me aha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media from a phone is some of the most challenging and problematic footage you can possibly work with. It's going to be HEVC, which is the most processor-intensive video codec you'll find out there, as well as having Variable Framerate, which causes all kinds of issues in video editing software. You mention using a plugin of some kind so if you have intensive effects on top of the most difficult video codec, on top of variable framerate, you're basically setting yourself up for a rough time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I noticed too, the videos coming from the phone are terrible to edit... It was suggested to me to convert the rush source in another format with a stable bitrate. Maybe it can help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mateo,

You have a pretty heavy sequence and are hitting some limits with your computer system and hard drives.

If things work with ProRes, but the file sizes are too large, you can try ProRes LT. It's smaller but still much larger than an H.264 file. Unfortunately, trading large files for project performance and stability is the name of the game in editing. You need a lot of drive space to use a ProRes workflow, which is known to be much more reliable for editing and exporting.

You can use the video preview files to speed up exports to astonishing speeds. It's called smart rendering. You can also delete these large files once your project is complete.

Thanks.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer !

Indeed, I hadn't thought of ProRes LT, I would do that next time.

Regarding the limitations of my pc, that's not what should come into play, I have a new pc with only premiere pro on it, there's like 800 gigabytes free on an M2 SSD. I really think that files coming from a smartphone are terribly hard to understand / encode for Premiere pro (as said above by Phillip Harvey)

Using the previews to work for a while for the project and after a crash all my preview sequence disappeared (the green bar went back to yellow) and I easily lost 1 hour of export...

I finally managed to encode the sequence on my laptop (less powerful than my two desktop PCs), and no error in the media encoder...yet it is half as powerful. The rendering lasts 2 and a half hours, for a 20min video. I admit that I did not understand at all why on a less powerful pc it worked better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines