• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported frame randomly pixelated

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the "Export Frame" feature in the timeline (Shift + E), whether I export JPEG or PNG or TIFF, the same image will randomly be rendered in a poor/pixelated quality, and sometimes rendered properly.

For example the image below was me exporting that frame twice in a row:

1.png

2.png

Zoomed in to see better on the forum:

  

1.png

2.png

I exported it 6 times, it went like this: bad, good, good, bad, bad, bad (the images above are the 2 first).

This have been consistently happening on all my projects for the past couple of months.

I use proxies, and I tried exporting the frame with them on/off and this doesn't make a difference.

Any idea what could be causing that and how to fix it? Thanks!

Using Premiere 14.4.0 on macOS 10.15.7.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cache-files/td-p/....

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips!

Sadly, none of that solved the issue, however trying in a new project, I noticed that the issue only happens when I have a proxy for the given video file and when the timeline

Here's a sample 1s 4K video I'm using to repro the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qx0n7ltMrXZoRPrgi-9cg3P536GUC44U/view?usp=sharing

Putting that on a timeline on a new project and creating a proxy for that video (I usually do ProRes Medium but I tried H.264 Medium as well with the same result), then exporting frames from that video, some of the epxorted frame will be randomly pixelated.

Turning proxies on/off on the timeline doesn't change anything, however disconnecting proxies in the project panel fixes it.

I also tried on Windows 10 and managed to reproduce the issue in the same way, however, on Windows only, toggling proxies off in the timeline (without disconnecting proxies in the project) did fix the issue, while this doesn't do anything on macOS.

I'm not sure what more to do at that point, probably submitting Adobe's report a bug form? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about you re-read the original post and then file a bug report to the developers and ask them to deliver working software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 2 years, same issue to me. With the current version, it is more difficult to have a good still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol at this so called "community expert". All he did was regurgitate generic troubleshooting BS. Meanwhile, all the normal users figured out the real solution and it's, in fact, a bug in the software that still hasn't been fixed after 3 years. This is exactly why I'm switching to Davinci. Adobe doesn't give a damn about the software or it's users and will charge monthly for nothing to ever be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also:

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my machine. In 5 or 6 clicks on "export frame" I get only 1 at full quality. The rest are proxy quality, scaled to full resolution. Any good solutions?

2019 Macbook Pro, MacOS Big Sur 11.1, 20C69
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Premiere 14.7.0 Build 23

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inexplicably, also still having this issue on Premiere Pro 15.4! Regardless of whether the proxy is active or not in the Program window, it will export proxy-resolution frame grabs only. So stupid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. Super annoying.

I did find a workaround though.

When I use the export frame shortcut (shift+e, or clicking the camera icon) it's a crap shoot, and I never know what I'm going to get.

However, frames appear to export correctly every time if I do it the long way, through the export media dialog (cmd+m).

Hope this they fix this.

Hope this helps in the meantime.

Using Premiere 15.4.1 and MacOS 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erm, this needs more information. What exactly do you select/enter into the "export media dialog"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. Found that detaching proxies fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your assesment was correct. I've been having the same issue. Detaching proxies is the fix. I reveal the cilp I need a still frame from  in my project and then detach the proxy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the lattest version v23.4. Same problem with low quality frame, even after proxies are switched off. It makes the simple job of removing tripod shadow from 360 video into an overcomplicated task. Shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also having this issue - Premiere 23.1.0

The fact that his has been unresolved for years is a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines