• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported video freezing/choppy (DJI - h265 footage)

Enthusiast ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been running CC2021 for a few years now, as it's been relatively stable and bug-free. Adobe forced us to "upgrade" by shutting down the speech-to-text servers for captioning, and, as expected, CC2023 is riddled with bugs and contains some absolutely hilariously poorly-thought-out UX issues.
**long, slow clap**

The issue we're currently wrestling with is that drone footage from our DJIs won't export. Playback is smooth on the timeline, but when exporting through either AME or Premiere, the clips appear frozen, or extremely choppy (like, 0.5 or 1 fps). Drone footage is UHD 59.94fps h265. The exact same footage located on the exact same drive plays back properly in every standalone video player we have (including on phones). It plays back and exports properly in Pr v15 (CC2021).
This is NOT an issue surrounding "high hardware requirements for h265" or "long GOP decoding requirements" or "the efficiency of DJI's encoder". This is a straight-up Premiere fart-up.
Please advise on how we can get Premiere Pro to actually do the one job it is expected to do: export professional-grade video content. Re-encoding all of our drone footage to an intermediate codec is not a solution. Disabling hardware encoding for all of our exports is not a solution (and doesn't solve the issue, anyway).

This is a common problem on several of our machines (both newer and older than mine), but let's just use the specs for my personal workstation --
Windows 10 Pro v 22H2

Premiere "Pro" 23.1.0

Ryzen 3800x

64GB RAM

GTX 1080

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, two drones same model one shooting h.264 and the other h.265 (accidentally) when rendered all footage shot in 65 is slideshow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution yet? I have the same problem. I've tried Premiere Version 24.1.0 BETA (build 66), but the problem still remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this post. I emptied all media cache and did a full Premiere reset. My DJI H265 footage works after export for now.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/exported-videos-do-not-play/td-p/13796341

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried and indeed, it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines