Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting 4K, IG & YT

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I was wondering, what are the best export settings for Instagram and You Tube?

I a recording on the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH5 with a Lumix G X Vario 12 - 35mm f.2,8 II, 4K.  Would be good to know how you all t-week your export settings for those two particular social media platforms?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the social media use H.264 as the codec (MP4 format) which you can select from the export window in the Format select list. Or you can use the Media Encoder which all already have the presets for Social Media.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should go to each platform and find out what their accepted formats and settings are. YouTube lets you upload very high quality files, it even accepts ProRes, but as said above, AME has presets for YouTube, and that's a good starting point to understand what you might want to use.

Alternatively, the Adaptive Bit Rate presets are also very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Instagram, but I've found I get the best results on YouTube by choosing the QuickTime Format and the GoPro Cineforn YUV 10 bit Preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For YouTube I would use the built-in YouTube presets for exporting from Premiere or Media Encoder. There are 1080p and 4K versions.

For Instagram, I would modify the existing Facebook presets to be the proper aspect ratio (4:5 or 9:16) for vertical video. They are going to compress it a bunch already, so no need to have bit-rate higher than 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines