Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a Transcript WITHOUT speaker and timecode

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

My organization recently upgraded to Premiere after using Camtasia for years. We've been loving the automatic transcript and caption features, but noticed a change after the latest update. We have been exporting the transcripts as text files and been getting files without timecode or speaker information, and this was super useful to us as we take this text directly into our transcript template. Now, after the update, it seems there is no option to remove this extra information, at least from what I can tell. I can understand the appeal of having the speaker and time visible, but for us, it makes our work extra tedious, as we usually have that information in our SRT files we send to customers. Is there really no option to remove these, or am I just blind? Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Yes, so many people wanted timecode and speaker, it changed.

See my response here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/how-to-export-captions-to-a-txt-without-timestamps/m-p/12484401#M375003

Export as CSV (now available for transcript and captions). Just open in Excel or similar, copy column 4, and paste into a text or word editor.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so many people wanted timecode and speaker, it changed.

See my response here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/how-to-export-captions-to-a-txt-without-time...

Export as CSV (now available for transcript and captions). Just open in Excel or similar, copy column 4, and paste into a text or word editor.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thank you Stan. Hopefully they add the option to toggle them later, but CSVs will do for now I suppose. Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a better method than copy paste the .csv  i am having errors in spanish doing the work arround of pasting from an excel file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can choose not to transcribe speaker info.  If you do that, it won't be there when you export the caption file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines