• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Graphic text from Premiere Pro in an uploadable format for youtube captions

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the text in my videos (in the form of graphics) to upload to youtube for subtitle purposes (so that it can translate my text into other languages). When I export the text in the Graphics tab and then use that .txt file tp upload to youtube, it says "unable to parse selected file". Is there anything I am doing wrong, or something I need to fix so that I can retrieve that graphics of my videos and convert them into an acceptable .txt file for youtube?

Thank you VERY MUCH. 

P.S. My videos don't have talking in them; text only. So that's why I'm unable to use the transcript feature.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Renee,

The new graphics export is great, but it is not intended for import to third party platforms for subtitles.

Here's the Youtube help page:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734698?hl=en#zippy=%2Cbasic-file-formats%2Cadvanced-file-formats%2Cbroadcast-file-formats-tv-and-movies

Bottom line; you really need an srt file.

I can't work on this now, but there is probably a way to reformat the graphics text output so it is in srt form. SRT looks like this:

00:00:00,000 --> 00:0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Renee,

The new graphics export is great, but it is not intended for import to third party platforms for subtitles.

Here's the Youtube help page:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734698?hl=en#zippy=%2Cbasic-file-formats%2Cadvanced-file-...

Bottom line; you really need an srt file.

I can't work on this now, but there is probably a way to reformat the graphics text output so it is in srt form. SRT looks like this:

00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:03,136
Caption 1 text

00:00:03,136 --> 00:00:04,637
Caption 2 text

If your piece is short, I suggested this (slightly outrageous) option to someone the other day: Record the words being spoken as they come on the screen. Add that audio as its own track. Use the speech to text and create captions. Export srt.

A  new PR feature is that you can take those captions and convert them to graphics text. But the opposite (what you need with your current workflow) is not there (yet): convert graphics text to captions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines