• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting h.264 with 5.1

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a film that has a 5.1 mix that has been edited in Premiere.  I can export a ProRes422 file that has the 5.1 mix.  When I set the export to transcode to H.264, I can select 5.1 as an option, but the output source in the encoder window stays at stereo even though I've select 5.1 output.  Any help would be appreciated. 

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Havign this same problem. Did you ever figure it out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, bfox,

I am very sorry you are having trouble with export. I found this video very helpful. Can you check it out? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. 

If I export the 5.1 sequence, it lets me do so in H.264 5.1 no problem. 

But if I take such an H.264 export and edit it and try to reexport, or use Media Encoder to reexport (say shifting resolution for different contexts) even when I change the audio settings to 5/1in the media encoder window, it does not udate in the output summary. See screen grab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, bfox,

I see the issue. To do such a thing, I would think you'd need to do so from the original sequence, make your adjustments in Export Settings, and then export once more. You might try a different format that can handle multichannel audio for re-edits, as I don't think H.264 supports that. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines