• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting xml using multi-camera

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, For the editing of a movie, I have synchronized audio and video creating multi-camera sequences, I did the editing in Premiere composing with those sequences a larger one, as if they were normal clips. The problem occurs when I want to export an XML, an error box indicates that the multicamera sequences do not support the FCP XML export. I already have all the editing finished, do you know any way to solve this? would I have to remove each clip one by one from its sequence? the XML is for grading in Davinci
Thank you

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate your final sequence, and on the duplicated sequence, flatten all the multi-cam clips/sections.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again!

I would like to export an OMF file from this same project. The problem is that in the final sequence I only get a single audio track that includes all the others. But when I open the file with Protools I can only access the track of the final sequence. How can I get an OMF with all tracks and channels?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am having troble expoting seq to da vince xml plese help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have a copy of the sequence to flatten for the export to Resolve, a different copy that isn't flattened for the Omf export.

I think you might also be able to lock or unlink the audio channels before flattening, so the video is flattened but the audio channels are not.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

be afraid, be very afraid... If you have spanned clips in your seequence, the xml will be totally screwed up when you import to resolve.  Spanned clips are clips that are composed of multiple files which are caused when the camera uses an older partition format that has a 4 gig file size limit.  The camera makes multiple files which are seamlessly combined in premiere but cause problems when you do an xml output.  If that's not the case here, great.  if it is, post back and I'll post a couple of workarounds...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with xml is already solved thanks to Neil's answer. Now I am concerned that I want to make an omf file of the combination of several sequences that contain multicamera sequences and in protools I only get to see the audio track of the final sequence and not the original ones (4 or 5 tracks per sequence). When I flatten I only manage to do it with the video, the audio disappears.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Is this what Red R3D files do? If that's the case, it could explain why I am having major issues importing my xml into resolve. Many flattened multicam clips just don't match the original. Thanks for any help/workarounds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't have any experience working with Red files but here's a workaround.   Don't know if what you're experiencing is similar to what I've found with spanned clips, but you can move each angle of the multicamera to it's own video track and export each video track individually to a high quality format.    You can then bring each of your output video tracks back in to premiere and stack them appropriately and use the edit detect function to add edits where ever the track goes to black...  and then delete the black segments...  You can then export an xml which should import into resolve without issues...   It's been a long day, and if I'm not making sense, post back and I'll try and go into more detail tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select a multi-cam in a bin, right-click "open in timeline panel" ... you should see all your audio channels there.

Export an OMF.

Then drop the multi-cam on a timeline panel, right-click "flatten" to export the XML.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is that the final montage is the union of those multi-camera sequences, even if I open each of the sequences in the timeline, the omf will only be made up of the audio of the final sequence, omitting all the original audio tracks .
When making that final sequence, the duration of the multi-cameras can change because sometimes I extract a fragment or I don't keep the full duration. Therefore, it could copy the audio of the multicamera to the final sequence, but in addition to being tedious (there are many sequences) it poses a risk of desynchronization...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines