• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Monitor Suddenly Lagging in Premiere Pro Only

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Monterey 12.2.1 on my M1 Max 16inch Macbook Pro.

My Premiere is version 22.2.

Ever since I upgraded my Monterey to 12.2.0 (and still not fixed on 12.2.1) my external LG monitor has been causing lag in Premiere. The lag only occurs when I change the size of the workspaces, or if I click on the different work spaces. There is absolutely no lag when scrubbing through the timeline or playing a clip.

As soon as I unplug my external monitor everything works perfectly smoothly.

I've attached a screen recording to show what is happening. The wide video is the external monitor.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I might add that my M1 Max was working perfect with the native version before I updated my OS to the newer version of Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that @minutephysics solution has solved the same issue for me!

For anyone who does not see the "Open with Rosetta" option under the Get Info window, you may need to first expand the Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 folder within the Applications folder to reveal the actual Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 app, then open the Get Info window for the actual application to see this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This trick worked like a charm! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution, just here to say I have been having this same exact issue with my M1 Max 16' Macbook Pro and my LG 5k Ultrafine Display. Only happens with premire and makes it almost unusable. Hoping for a formal solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I used a slight variation of @minutephysics's because I don't have the "Use Rosetta" as an option from Get Info... but I did set my displays to mirror, "Run (Intel)" through the Creative Cloud app, ran it, closed it, stopped mirroring, opened the not-Intel one (confirmed via Activity Monitor) and a project that I was having the delay on, and it worked properly! I restarted and it's still good, so hopefully it remains so!

When I opened the Intel one, I got a progress bar that ran through a bunch of plug-ins or something, which I've never seen it do on the M1 version, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Dunno what exactly it would be, but I'm happy it seems to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

Not sure if this was what fixed it, as I stopped using my monitor for awhile, but my housemate got a new curbed monitor and I wanted to test it so I plugged my Macbook in, and it worked perfectly smoothly. I then plugged my old monitor in and everything was working perfectly fine too. No idea what changed but has anyone tried another monitor and then gone back and it's worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

Data communication channels can sometimes get messed up. HDMI is particularly bad. But DisplayPort and VGA can sometimes go South on ya as well. Disconnecting and re-connecting the monitor is always worth a check.

Glad it's working for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally I did disconnect and re-connect the monitor multiple times, even trying a few days later and restarting my Macbook. I'm not sure if using a different external monitor reset something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines