Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External recorder captured onscreen display

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I filmed a wedding last weekend on the Panasonic GH5 with and HDMI cable recording to my Atomos Ninja V for a 4k 10 bit video. for some reason, in premier on my

PC, the footage has recorded all on screen display information such as: exposure histogram, all icons around the screen, picture profile. Take a look at the screen shot- i have no idea what happened or how to fix it.

wedding screenshot .jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

davidd7916189  wrote

i have no idea what happened

Likely there is a menu setting on the camera that controls what the HDMI output signal contains, and whether the screen overlays are included or not.

. . . how to fix it.

I don't think you'll be able to remove it from the files as it is embedded into the video. Your best bet might be to work on a 1080 sequence timeline and the reframe (scale) the clips so you are zoomed in past all the graphic displays.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidd7916189  wrote

i have no idea what happened

Likely there is a menu setting on the camera that controls what the HDMI output signal contains, and whether the screen overlays are included or not.

. . . how to fix it.

I don't think you'll be able to remove it from the files as it is embedded into the video. Your best bet might be to work on a 1080 sequence timeline and the reframe (scale) the clips so you are zoomed in past all the graphic displays.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Atomos - or any external recorder for that matter - will record EXACTLY what it gets over the HDMI input. If you have the OSD junk from camera enabled on the HDMI output, then that will be recorded with the video, it's embedded in the picture. Not to be harsh, but the monitor on the Atomos shows you what you are recording, so if that stuff was all showing up on Atomos screen when you did the recording, well....no good excuse for this to happen.

Hoping that you were also recording to SD card? Always a good idea for backup in any case, cheap insurance. The SD card version will not have the OSD stuff on it. I recorded weddings for 25 years, important to be completely familiar with your gear since there are no second chances with that footage. That said, I am sorry this happened and hope you can fix it, I know how you must feel (yes, I made mistakes in weddings and learned the hard way myself...).

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MTD and SAFEHARBOR11​,

Thanks for the excellent advice.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here.. 
I filmed a concert and I have all the onscreen information on the display.. But in my case, the writings are also in the middle of the video, so I can't even play around with cropping..
I quickly tried using the draw mask option, after watching some tutorials on how to remove objects from videos, but it doesn't seem to work.. Did you manage to remove the display info by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Charo6,

Sorry, the technique is not working for you. Could you please show us a screenshot so we can give you advice?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Charo6 Am having the same issue... did you ever find a solution to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Raj4cam,

Sounds like a tough issue. Is it possible to show us a screenshot of the issue you are facing? I hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines